PDA

View Full Version : scheme of excellence - nvq's etc

edayhouse
29-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Hi
I was hoping to start my scheme of excellence this year but there is no funding in my area so they are not running the course - what else could i do that would be relevant to childminding/childcare? Heard alot about svq's what are these? what type of courses are there?

Anyone know
x

Pudding Girl
29-01-2010, 10:48 AM
If there's no funding for SofE I highly doubt there'd be funding for SVQs :(

Same in our area, nothing this year.

:(

Have you applied for your ILA? You could do some short modules in areas related to childcare such as health and safety, food hygiene, nutrition maybe or fitness at your local college?

I've applied for my pack this week, you get £200 a year towards certain courses.

Blackhorse
29-01-2010, 10:54 AM
we are really lucky this year...we finally got confirmation for our scheme of excellence. will start in feb.

definately try and do courses via ILA!

beccas
29-01-2010, 11:07 AM
what is scheme of excellent i am confused

Pudding Girl
29-01-2010, 11:09 AM
It's in Scotland, it's a training scheme for CMs.
http://www.childminding.org/find-out-more/learn-with-scma/scheme-of-excellence

Alibali
29-01-2010, 07:38 PM
South Lanarkshire has funding for SoE but I don't think we'll get anything else. Defo apply for ILA:thumbsup:

carlen222
29-01-2010, 08:55 PM
ive never heard of it :eek:

Gizmo
29-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Supposed to be getting on SoE here too but not had any confirmation out yet :(

Pudding Girl
29-01-2010, 10:08 PM
TBH I would recommend going SVQ rather than SoE, I did first two units of it and it was really lacking, one was in effect writing up a service handbook and other was an inspection action plan.
I was very disappointed and stopped.

Curly Quavers
01-02-2010, 07:07 PM
If there's no funding for SofE I highly doubt there'd be funding for SVQs :(

Same in our area, nothing this year.

:(

Have you applied for your ILA? You could do some short modules in areas related to childcare such as health and safety, food hygiene, nutrition maybe or fitness at your local college?

I've applied for my pack this week, you get £200 a year towards certain courses.

Hey pudding! our SCMA lady told me that we should be able to secure £500 for ILA for the SOE but as usual she has never come back to me with details :rolleyes:

Sure I could do a much better job than her!

Pudding Girl
01-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Hmmm wonder why that rings a bell LOL ;) I completely agree you could do her job, am still waiting for a reply to something she was going to check out for me last May :censored:

£500 accounts – If you are studying a part-time higher education or professional qualification course such as a Higher National Certificate (HNC), Higher National Diploma (HND) or a Degree. You must be studying 40 Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) credits or more an academic year. To find out more click here.

there you go..

http://www.ilascotland.org.uk/ILA+Homepage.htm

x

Blackhorse
01-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Supposed to be getting on SoE here too but not had any confirmation out yet :(

did you not get the letter yet for our first session??
I got mine a couple of days ago as it starts in 3 weeks time...

jaxxie
18-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I have started an SVQ in Childcare, Learning and Development funded through the local childcare partnership - I had to wait a year before receiving funding - I think this is a more in depth qualification than the scheme of excellence.

I'm in Aberdeenshire - not sure how funding works elsewhere.:)