PDA

View Full Version : ICP course...Further modules...Questions???

Sharon-Marie
29-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Does anyone have experience they can share of the further modules of the ICP course??? I only completed the initial 6 week course...and that was about 2 yrs ago. Do you think it is neccessary/beneficial and does anyone take any notice of the further qualifications you have??? Did you find it easy to fit in with daily routine??? Is it short courses again or are the modules longer??? Any help, advise, experiences would be appreciated! Thanks

Playdays
29-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I am also looking to complete the rest of the ICP course. I am really struggling to find a college that runs this course near where i am though.
I have considered online courses but having never done one have no idea what the tutors are like and how easy it is to get in touch with them if i ever had problems.

Not much help to your question i know:( but if anyone could offer advice to me to i'd be really grateful.

Thankyou

Playdays

The Juggler
29-01-2010, 02:16 PM
if you continued you could do the DHC which is a Level 3 qualification. It is module based, depends on the college how it is run.

You could also look at the NVQ level 3 in childcare, learning and development.

Have a look or post in the training section you'll get lots of responses in there of people doing DHC and NVQ.

Good luck.

rainbowmummy
29-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Not sure how true this is but I have heard that from Sept the DHC is no longer operating, those who need to complete there second year will but no newbies.
I am just about to do the final unit and our tutor has heard things!

Sorry thats not helpful I know but maybe worth checking out

Blaze
29-01-2010, 02:26 PM
You can do tem with the NEC - the DHC is being phased out, but that has been delayed whilst they sort out the new qualification...by the time they sort out the new qualification, you could have finished your DHC!:thumbsup: