PDA

View Full Version : Snow...and School closures

Sharon-Marie
28-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Just wondering what other CM's tend to do in this sort of situation...If you mind before school-ers, do you still charge when they don't come to you because school is closed??? On the flip-side, do you try to accomodate if your numbers allow, if parents need you to have the child all day at short notice, in such a situation??? Just wondering...as I am likely to take on a before school-er shortly...

madasahatter
28-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I try to accomodate as many as possible. If the parents need me I'm there. All my mindees live within 2 miles (so walking distance ish). On the last snow day we had here (Wed 13th black ice everywhere) All my parents were quite happy to pay! Parent of the 10 yr old was pleasantly surprised when I said I didn't feel I could charge the full day fee for her as she had been no trouble, helped me out lots and had come with a full lunch pack so hardly ate anything. I know I'm running a business but the families and children I care for are like an extended family, I help them out and they are flexible with me in return.

mushpea
29-01-2010, 07:09 AM
If they come then i charge them for the day if they dont come then i charge them the contracted hours ie before and after school and if they come part of the day i charge till they go home plus contracted hours. I am running a buisness and cant afford not to charge.

sonia ann
29-01-2010, 07:31 AM
[quote=mushpea;626742]If they come then I charge them for the day, if they dont come then I charge them the contracted hours ie before and after school and if they come part of the day I charge till they go home plus contracted hours.quote]

Same here....as long as I have space I try and accomodate any one who needs care at my usual hourly rate. If they don't come their contracted rates apply:)