PDA

View Full Version : Car seat for Zafira???

Hats
28-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I have been trying to find out which car seats are designed to go into a Zafira? Does anyone know or know a web site I can find out?:idea:

Local Vauxhall garage not very helpful.

Also any advice on best single and double pushchairs which will fit when all seats are up??? The stroller I had for my daughter doesn't fit so I'm now a bit worried I wont find anything.:eek:
Thanks for any advice.

H
:) :)

dobby
28-01-2010, 10:16 PM
If you go to the Britax fit finder site you can get a list there of which Britax seats will go where in the car. I use 2 first class 0-4 yr seats, a mothercare 9mths-11yr seat, Britax rock a tot, Graco autobaby + base,Britax Kidd and Concord evo lift (both 4-11yrs) Not all at the same time though :)

My single maclaren Techno fits fine with all seats up but i am not sure about doubles, I always use one seat down when i have my double in.

sure somoen will help soon though

Shells
28-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Hi there
I have a Zafira and recently bought a Britax Evola it is for 9months - 11years
we have done alot of research and this seems to be the only car seat that is recommended for safe fitting in all seats in the Zafira . I also use the Britax renaissance car seat but this does not fit well in the two seats in the boot. I have a single Maclaren stroller that fits in with all the seats up but not many of todays pushchairs fit in . I have to have one of the seats down to fit in the double . If I am pushed and need all the chairs then I can squeeze the double buggy footwell behind the drivers and passengers seat . This only works if you have babies in the back as there would be no foot space left. I hope this helps .
Good luck
Shelly

vix84
29-01-2010, 09:02 AM
I always go to Mothercare and ask them to fit an test - we have a Britax something, one of the ones that face forwards and back, and has the 2 seat belt positions, one for shorter straps and longer ones.

As for the buggy, Ive never tried, sorry

PottyP
29-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi,

I have a Zafira and with all the seats up the only double buggy that I can fit in is the Phil and teds, you have to take the 2 back wheels off but they click on and off so easy that its no problem, the back clip off seat goes on the floor of the middle row of seats and we're good to go, my maclaren side by side the only way I can fit that in is if I lay one of the back seats down.

HTH

Paula x

Mrs.L.C
29-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Im currently using this one

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3753646/Trail/searchtext%3ECAR+SEAT.htm

Its the only car seat I have found that does not touch the seat belt clip once installed (buckle crunch)

However it is very basic and not well padded so I wouldnt use it for very long journeys - hour max

I also have the older version of the zafira so not sure if it would fit the new version

newandlearning
29-01-2010, 02:04 PM
hi.. have just got a Zafira too and paniced at first..

I now put 2 of these http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3761377/Trail/searchtext%3ECAR+SEATS.htm car seats in middle section and
a high back booster .. and put older kids in front and back ..

my maclaren fits easily with all seats up and my double only fits with one back seat down... hope that helps.:)

Hats
30-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Thank you all for your help and advice. Will have a look at Britax web site.

If I have any joy with the double pushchair will post on here.
H

:)

tigger
31-01-2010, 11:15 AM
The double buggy I have fits in the back of the Zafira with all seats up and it's a mama's and papa's Aria. I use the Britax car seats and they seem fine.

mushpea
31-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I also use this one
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...3ECAR+SEAT.htm

then in the middle i have a britax renasonce as it goes on the lap belt and on the end I have a high back booster, all 3 fit along the back seats nicley and both the argos seat and the high back go on the boot seats, havent tried the renasonce,
as for buggys i just use a fold up stroller and put it in the boot diagonaly and then fit the bags either around the buggy or the childrens feet.

patevans
31-01-2010, 04:11 PM
I was wondering about which ones will go in the rear 2 seats :idea:

I have got to buy 2 new seats but they are so expensive :eek: