PDA

View Full Version : you cant please some people

mrsbumbles
10-12-2007, 05:23 PM
just letting off some steam!!!!!!!

up untill now i have been minding in the downstairs rooms of my home, now i have had my garage converted into a bright, fun playroom with its own access through french doors at the front. i unvailed it to one set of parents this morning and all they could say was " too many toys, not enough floor space, need to put toys up on shelves to make more space. i was shocked to say the least! the children have their own area now to have fun and make lots of noise, i have a place of work that i can shut off at night when i have finished work and my family have their home back! the children have had soooo much fun today in their new playroom, but the parents negative comments seemed to dampen my enthusiasum! suppose you cant please some people

angeldelight
10-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Forget the parents

It is not for them is it ? Maybe she was jealous ha

It sounds wonderful

Do you have any pics ?

Angel xx

mrsbumbles
10-12-2007, 05:31 PM
yes have pics will have to try an put them on, not sure how though

ajs
10-12-2007, 05:32 PM
it sounds fantastic and i for one am very jealous
we don't have a garage or space for one so i have to have my work space in the house

emler
10-12-2007, 05:33 PM
OMG I can see why you are upset. How ungrateful can these parents be? Like Angel says, ignore them - the kiddies love it and thats the main thing. I would love to have a separate playroom which I could shut the door on at the end of the day lol

Emler x

carolinel
10-12-2007, 05:34 PM
I would say they were definately jealous. As a parent, if i were sending my child to childminder I would def be pleased if they had a dedicated playroom.

We have done the same to our garage and it's brill, my home is my home and doesn't have paintings/artwork/ofsted posters all over it, they're confined to the playroom!

Like Angel says - just ignore her, but be sure to tell her how much the children loved it!

deeb66
10-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Yes I can also see why you would be upset - I would also be if it was me.

You have spent a lot of time and money setting this up for their children and they sound ungreatful. Unfortunately thats how people are sometimes and as the others have said it's best to ignore them!

It sounds fabulous - I would also be interested to see some pics.

have to say I am jealous too;) ;) :D

Polly2
10-12-2007, 05:53 PM
I agree how ungrateful of that parent

It sounds fantastic to me I wish I had a play room.

You could take loads of pics of the children having fun in their very own room and then make a big display to point out to silly parent :D

Love Hollyx

mrsbumbles
10-12-2007, 06:04 PM

did i do it did i manage to attatch a photo?

sarah707
10-12-2007, 06:08 PM
What lucky children!

:clapping:

I'd move the carrier bag before Ofsted come though :D

angeldelight
10-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I think it looks really lovely

It is the children that matter at the end of the day

I bet they all love it ?

Angel xx

mrsbumbles
10-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanx for the advice, its full of wet knickers needing to go home in the morning!

Polly2
10-12-2007, 06:12 PM
It looks lovely :clapping: well done

well done also for attaching a picture - I can't even work out how to have an avatar!!!! :jump for joy:

Hollyx

manjay
10-12-2007, 06:30 PM
It looks fab! I wouldn't bother about the parents but I can imagine you must feel disheartened by their comments. Our garage is on the list of to do jobs so seeing yours has spurred me on to get hubby moving.

Enjoy your new space

Amanda xx

Monkey1
10-12-2007, 07:34 PM
I personally think your new play room looks amazing! I too converted the garage and would highly recommend it. The house becomes your home again and you have your 'work'space! Ignore the jelous comments, they just wish they had such a fantastic children friendly play area!

charleyfarley
10-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Great room bet the children love it.

Ignore the parents you really can't please some people.

I'm in the process of swopping my dining room for a playroom.

At the moment I have a toy room but it's really just a storeroom for all the toys.

The toys are overtaking the house so I mentioned my idea to hubby which he agreed to.

Yay I get my living room back, the children get a play/toy room although I do lose the dining room it really isn't a hardship.
The children would still have a table in there to eat at.

I can't wait till after xmas to finish it off, need to keep it as a dining room for xmas.

My parents thought it was a great idea when I told them what I was doing.

Carol xx

Minnie Minx
10-12-2007, 08:49 PM
It's a lovely room and i too would ignore the parents, it's the kids who matter and i bet they love it.

xxx

LittleMissSparkles
10-12-2007, 08:52 PM
I want to convert my garage but its not attache d to the house so I dont know if OFSTED would allow it.

I have loads of ideas in my head for it if I can go ahead with it, I really want to display the children stuff on the walls in there so I dont have to have my kitchen looking like a school xxx

PS Play room looks fabulous

Amaranth
10-12-2007, 08:58 PM
I agree with everyone, ignore the parent's comments, they are prob jealous or just having a bad day. If the kids are happy that's all that matters. The playroom looks fab.

Carole xx

Hopscotch
10-12-2007, 10:45 PM
Susan,what i do is because my hall is bigish i put a little washing line, a kids one on the wall and attach all their work with pegs then at the end of the month they take it home with them.
At the moment is has little santa's on the pegs with numbers on his beard and i change them each month like last month i had little pumpkins on there and next month as we will do a winter theme i will have little snowmen.
What does everyone else do?.
The playroom looks great what lucky kids, the parents are just jealous they should be thankful that you do so much for them.
Bev X

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
11-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Like everyone says just ignore them I would love a playroom just haven't got room and cannot afford an extension and are garage is not attached to the house more the pity or I would have converted it.

Your playroom looks great bet the children love it. :laughing:

Lorraine xx

buildingblocks
11-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Ignore the b****y parents do the children like it if so that is all that matters. I always say the only down side of this job is the parents

Meant to say I love it

LittleMissSparkles
11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Susan,what i do is because my hall is bigish i put a little washing line, a kids one on the wall and attach all their work with pegs then at the end of the month they take it home with them.

Bev X

Thanks Bev thats a good idea x

Pudding Girl
11-12-2007, 04:52 PM
looks a very nice playroom :D I LOVE those curtains, where'd you get them?

And you have excellent taste in floors, our kitchen diner has the very same :D

mrsbumbles
11-12-2007, 05:46 PM
:) Thanx, i got the voiles from Turkey when i was on holiday, but you can purchase them from ebay if you enter voiles, come in 5 or so different designs, had those because they are attractive to all children,boys and girls. my daughter has disney princesses in her room and they are really beautiful as are the strawberry shortcake, but thought my mindee boys would object. nice to have so many positive comments from you all. The mindees are really enjoying their new space and couldnt wait to get through the door to play this am. :)

Rubybubbles
12-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm jealous!!!

It looks fab, well done you. Must be nice to put your feet up in your tidy lounge at the end of the day with no toys around:censored: haha

Mollymop
12-12-2007, 06:52 PM
You lucky thing, you!!! What a wonderful room. It looks really lovely. What do the parents mean - not enough floor space?- It's a playroom after all, you are hardly going to keep them in there all day are you. So why worry you about the floor space. I can imagine the children love playing in there!:clapping:
Sandra XX

nannan
13-12-2007, 05:19 PM
I totally agree with what has been said, the parents are jealous, the children are very lucky to have their own space, I would love to have a playroom again, yours looks great, and well done for showing us all.:clapping: