PDA

View Full Version : hope no one is eating!!!!

beccas
28-01-2010, 06:55 PM
I have this mindee who is autisic and aged 6 yesterday she was chewing bluetac in my house (she took from school) then she found a bit of fluff under settee:blush: and eat that. I do feed her honest!!:D
Told dad and he said he didnt know why.

Today walking home form school i treated them all to sweets as its hers and anothe lo's birthday today anway she finished hers and then 2 mins later was seen chewing by her sister when questioned she said its was chewing gum off the FLOOR:eek: i told her to take it out and put in bin. As we arrived home i caught her picking a leaf off a nearby bush and was about to put it in her mouth.

She has never done this before and dont know what made her start. dad is at alost also.

emmadines
28-01-2010, 07:00 PM
could it be a chewing habit but the autistic part of her is taking it to another level?

I have an 8 year old who just chews everything from his coat to paper.. Im constantly telling him to stop (gone passed the asking phase!!

sarah707
28-01-2010, 07:00 PM
I used to mind a little girl diagnosed (since) with dyspraxia.

We found out she was eating her dressing gown (the lengths of cotton you can pull out) when dad found a bit of one popping out of her bum!

It was just something she did, she would eat all kinds of odd things. She didn't know why, just had a compunction to eat them.

Dad needs to watch her though - it could be poisonous berries next time :eek: