PDA

View Full Version : About ready to QUIT!

patevans
28-01-2010, 05:37 PM
I have well and truly had enough and am ready to quit, this week has gone from bad to worse!

still not been paid so my bills is now behind - I agreed to be paid in two instalments but the 1st hasnt cleared and she has bear faced lied to me!

another family recently split - dad been causing trouble but agreement been made for him to collect tonight from me, well he started going off on one :angry:

I am so behind with EYFS paperwork and havent got a clue how to do it properly.

Children have been sent in ill and wont collect them when I call (even though they are off and dont tell me) :censored:

and trust me the list goes on and on.....I have had enough!!!

Trouble
28-01-2010, 05:43 PM
oh sweetie:(

pick one thing and deal with that one first

are you with the ncma they can help with money

stuff the paperwork:panic: :panic: deal with that another day and we will all help

and to the parents who dont answer the phone when child is ill go down there contact list until you fine one, if not refuse them when they come, if they dont answer there phone , ring there work until you get a reply
then send a message home with all kids saying you will not except a child who is ill and if you ring them you expect them to pick their child up within half an hour.

its just a bad day, it will be better tomorrow :thumbsup:

go and have a nice bath and a glass of wine :D

mammumof4
28-01-2010, 05:52 PM
poor you, the first thing you need to do is have a nice relaxing bath (thats what im off to do as i have a headache from a stressfull 3 hours!) and an early night!!
wakin th morning refreshed and then deal with one thing at a time like trouble said xxx things WILL seem better in the morning, trust me. if you have non payers get rid and take them to smal claims for the money, NCMA will help

Joannechildmind
28-01-2010, 07:30 PM
oh Emma, This is the hardest job i have ever done, some parent dont seem to appreciate anything and think our money is pin money. Can you not write a letter to parents who owe you money and tell them you need the money by th end of the week for your bills or you will charge then £10 per day late charges to cover your charges of late bills, overdrawn etc.

It makes me so cross that some parents just seem to take the p**** out of us.

hope you relax tonight and you get your money tomorrow.

~Chelle~
28-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Dont quit, get tough! That is what I did, I had one parent take the :censored: with me so much that it made me toughen up and not get walked over any more.

I was about ready to quit and was so stressed out over the way she treated me that it made me ill.

Dont let it get to that stage, take control now. Tell the parent who owes you money that unless they pay the full amount by such and such date you will add on a £10 late fee and withdraw childcare until the bill is paid.

As for the dad kicking off on one, I would text both parents and arrange to see them either together or separately and state that your interest is with their child, they can keep their personal life out of your house, their split is of no concern of yours and that you are there to care for the child and not put up with verbal abuse from them.

I would also send out a newsletter to all parents stating that no child is to be sent to you whilst they are unwell and if they try to bring their child while they are ill, you will refuse to accept that child for the day.

Dont let these people make you quit, if they dont adhere to your rules, give them notice.

As for the EYFS, have you received the framework? I would PM Sarah707 for help and advice, she has some ebook's that she sells to help people with the EYFS.

I hope it works out for you, sending you a big hug.:)

angeldelight
29-01-2010, 08:03 AM
You ok this morning Emma?

Message me if you need any help with anything

Stay strong and try and relax at the weekend then face one problem at a time

Sending you hugs

Angel xx

miffy
29-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Poor you! Hope you're feeling a bit better this morning.

I think it's good advice to tackle one problem at a time so go for whatever's bugging you the most and take it from there.

Hope you have a good weekend

Miffy xx

ORKSIE
29-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Very good advise given here...hope your feeling better this morning.

Get tough!

Sending hugs xx

janminder
29-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Definitely good advice given here. Don't let a few parents spoil it all for you. I know it is a worry when it makes you get behind with your bills so I hope things get sorted out for you very soon. As for the paperwork (EYFS) you are not alone.

Hope you manage to relax a bit for the weekend.

xx

patevans
29-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks for everyones advice and support it means alot!!

Told the Mum who owes me the cash that it needs to be in my account by Monday or late charges (agreed for her to pay in 2 installments as never ever had any probs from her before so dont mind helping out if I can) 1st instalment in my account today!!

I verbally explained to all parents that if I call for them to collect their child then they need to do so, if whatever they have is passed on to myself or my assistant then I will unable to care for their children.

The parent who is demanding copies of paperwork (the contract is not with him) I told him I am not giving him copies of anything the problems are between him and his ex wife and I am not interested, I called MM legal advice line and got as much info as I could - so now I know where I legally stand!

and as for paperwork :rolleyes: I intend on spending the weekend trying to catch up and get my head around it, I am going to do a learning journey at a time, finish one then onto the next!!

I also broke my diet yesterday :blush: and had some chocolate but that is now in the past and have started fresh today!

LOOPYLISA
29-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Hope today is a better day x

Pudding Girl
29-01-2010, 10:41 AM
You sound much more positive this morning. good on you :D

patevans
29-01-2010, 11:09 AM
You sound much more positive this morning. good on you :D

I think possibly the chocolate helped :blush:

PixiePetal
29-01-2010, 11:52 AM
I think possibly the chocolate helped :blush:

Sometimes it just has to be had!!

Glad you are getting sorted. My LJs are all behind. Caught one up yesterday and doing another this eve - then will be ready for 2 more new starters :rolleyes:

It never ends, where's the choc!! :laughing:

Jemima77
29-01-2010, 12:23 PM
I know how you feel hun I lost all enthusiasm for the job when one parent didnt pay me for 3 months!!!! excuse after excuse...in the end I refused childcare until money was paid upfront and wrote her a letter with full breakdown of monies owed and said that I would be taking legal action. Hope you have contracts in place. It is a really hard job xxxxxxx oh I soon got paid after I did that. xxxxx

michellethegooner
29-01-2010, 12:33 PM
sorry just been catching up, u sound much more positive today and u have been given some good advice, keep ur chin up

patevans
29-01-2010, 01:06 PM
I know how you feel hun I lost all enthusiasm for the job when one parent didnt pay me for 3 months!!!! excuse after excuse...in the end I refused childcare until money was paid upfront and wrote her a letter with full breakdown of monies owed and said that I would be taking legal action. Hope you have contracts in place. It is a really hard job xxxxxxx oh I soon got paid after I did that. xxxxx

I do have very good payers at the minute have become strong over time, she has always been a good payer for 2.5 years thats why I was ok with the instalment agreement, I also got her to sign to say I had agreed it but it was the lies part I was hacked off with.

All contracts are in place and up to date...had some horrid ones in the past so I am always on top of contracts etc!

~Chelle~
29-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Glad to hear you are a lot happier today.

Dont worry about the chocolate, you sooooooooooooooooooo deserved it :laughing:
x

dawnheaps
31-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi, glad you seem to be sorting things out.

I had problems like this last year. I now expect all my parents to pay in advance so if i dont get paid i dont provide care. I give them a bonus of £10 discount per month if they pay me direct to my bank monthly in advance. They all decided to do it!

I also now get all parents to sign an acknowledgment of policies slip that states failure to abide by my policies will result in removal of care and possible termination of contract with no notice. This came about because of two really horrible phone calls from an irate parent because I was off ill, even though it was because i had caught the virus from her child. After the second verbally abusive phone call, lasting one hour, and crying for two hours after it, I said ENOUGH!. I wont tolerate verbal abuse, the same as doctors etc, and if it occurs contracts will be terminated with no refund of fees paid. I have had no problems since, and the parent causing the issue left having paid me for three weeks she didnt use.

Keep standing strong and dont let them treat you unprofessionally. You are worth far more that what they are probably paying you.

Dawn x:)

patevans
01-02-2010, 10:36 AM
I have changed my mind, I AM QUITING!!

Clingy child is driving me insane and I CAN NOT take any more of it, he has been at it all morning and another child has been exactly the same evrytime I have moved aso had 2 at it this morning.

I cant take anymore seriously!!!! :crying:

Trouble
01-02-2010, 10:37 AM
I have changed my mind, I AM QUITING!!

Clingy child is driving me insane and I CAN NOT take any more of it, he has been at it all morning and another child has been exactly the same evrytime I have moved aso had 2 at it this morning.

I cant take anymore seriously!!!! :crying:

Why not take a week off and then decide,

take them for a walk this afternoon and think then decide

big hugs xxxxx

patevans
01-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Why not take a week off and then decide,

take them for a walk this afternoon and think then decide

big hugs xxxxx

they'll all go to sleep at 1pm then we'll be going to school at 3!!

it all started because someone came to the gate and i went to open it :angry: is it a boy thing because I have never had it with any girls?

Trouble
01-02-2010, 10:44 AM
they'll all go to sleep at 1pm then we'll be going to school at 3!!

it all started because someone came to the gate and i went to open it :angry: is it a boy thing because I have never had it with any girls?

i find boys clingier:(