PDA

View Full Version : Childminding essentials?

NicoleW
28-01-2010, 02:19 PM
This might seem like a silly question but I am due to get registered after my exam in March. I have a baby due in June so won't be working until the baby is about 6 weeks old.

I'm looking for a pushchair at the moment, but wondering if I should get a double-buggy just in case I get a small child? I don't really want to be spending alot of money on a pushchair, only to find I'm going to need a double one and never use the one I bought in the first place. If that makes sense

RachelE
28-01-2010, 05:01 PM
I'd personally wait and see what enquiries you get.

There's nopoint it taking up space and youspending money if you dont get an younger children for a while.

If you do get a family come for a visit with a young child you can point out that you will have purchased one ready for the child's 1st day.

Rachel x

LittleStar's
28-01-2010, 05:59 PM
I have the hil and ted , this can be used as a double or single buggy and can be used for newborn too! would be lost without it !!! xxx

clio0602
28-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Yes I've just bought a phil and teds after weeks of indecision. Can be used as single and double and is sooo easy to push. Love it although was v expensive :blush:

sarah707
28-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I wouldn't buy any expensive gear until you know what age group you are going to be minding.

Good luck with the baby and the course :D

geordiebunny
28-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I would love a phil and teds keep hoping can find a bargain but no luck and not making enough to buy 1. I must admit though I am impressed with the m&p pilko p3 I was given to use as it has an integrated part to use for a toddler/small child to stand on and folds up nearly as small as a umbrella fold pushchair.

SparklingGems
29-01-2010, 08:44 AM
I have just bought a dubble buggy from argos clerance range for £50 but then Im suppost to be having small children (if i can get registered long story on another post)

I like the Phil and teds but cannot justify spending £300 on a pushchair for childminding.

Have a look on kiddicare there usually resonably priced for pushchairs.

I have the mamas and papas pliko p3 pushchair for my baby and its fantastic.