PDA

View Full Version : Few Q's ??

RachelG
28-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I am in the process of becoming a reg childminder. I am currently attending my local council's childminding introduction program, and then will complete my First Aid.

I am just thinking about everything that may / may not be needed.

For example:

Business name....is this necessary? Are you using a "name" or just your your name?

Phone: Are you just using your own personal mobile or will there be a "business" one? I get a lot of crank calls on my personal phone with people tyring to sell me stuff...and I try to avoid these calls but obv don't want to miss an oppertunity.

Welcome Packs: I know its a long way off before I actually get any mindee's but I was thinking about welcome packs for parents. What should they contain and what should they be in? A cardboard folder etc?

Sorry...I ask a lot of questions lol.

Rach x

NicoleW
28-01-2010, 02:28 PM
I'm doing my welcome pack at the moment lol and I've not even done my exam yet!

I'm planning on putting in things like house rules, no running in the kitchen, be polite and respectful to one another etc. I'm also going to put in outings that I'm planning on doing for the coming year, parks, seaside (I'm moving down to southampton in a month!), perhaps even the zoo in the summer holidays. Also going to provide a brief overview on what type of activites parents should expect, along with food and drinks available (i.e no fizzy drinks). I think I'm also going to include some eductional things I'm going to do throughout the year such as Chinese New Year, Christmas, Easter, and so on. Alot from other cultures, and do alot of arty crafty things during that time to teach them all about the different times of years.
Not sure what else to put in apart from certificates and first aid certificate. Also aim of keeping children safe and happy inside my home etc etc.

Mrs.L.C
28-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Business name....is this necessary? Are you using a "name" or just your your name?
I just use my name with Registered Childminder addded on

Phone: Are you just using your own personal mobile or will there be a "business" one? I get a lot of crank calls on my personal phone with people tyring to sell me stuff...and I try to avoid these calls but obv don't want to miss an oppertunity.

I use my personal mobile but usualy only give out the landline number to start off with but have an answering machine

Welcome Packs: I know its a long way off before I actually get any mindee's but I was thinking about welcome packs for parents. What should they contain and what should they be in? A cardboard folder etc?

from personal experience - avoid giving parents too much because if they choose not to use your service, you have wasted all the paper/folder etc. I now just give out 1 A4 sheet with frequently asked Q&A on which covers most info about my service such as times I work, what we do/where we go, whats incl in the fees etc

Sorry...I ask a lot of questions lol.

Rach x

Hope that helps alittle

mama2three
28-01-2010, 02:40 PM
I chose to have a business name , as when im advertising on the car or wherever i prefer not to put my own name and telephone number. I dont give out parent packs , but all the info is available on my website ( or will be when its finished!!) I use my mobile number , its usually the house phone that gets all the marketing calls ! HTH x