PDA

View Full Version : Should I request an inspection???

Lady Haha
28-01-2010, 01:44 PM
I haven't been inspected since I started in May 2007 so I am due one really. I don't particularly want one, but I have a problem! I only have one mindee in EYFS as rest are all over that age now and I don't plan to take on any more in September either.

I've heard from reading on here that when Ofsted ring they ask how many children in EYFS you have and if you don't have any, they say they will wait til you do. What happens in my situation then? As I don't plan to take on any more?

I have minimal obs, planning etc as my EYFS child only comes in hols now, so not much to show anyway, but I don't want to be down graded because of my lack of EYFS evidence if I don't have any at all if they should visit after Aug 31st this year!

So, I'm wondering if I should ring and ask them to come out now while I have got at least something to show them!

I tend to do most of the stuff in EYFS on older kids anyway, I have files showing how I cover each area etc with photos of the mindees etc, so would they be interested in that?

HomefromHome
28-01-2010, 01:54 PM
oo hard one - i had heard tho that even if u dont have eyfs kids they will still inspect you as long as you can say how you would go about obs etc. mine too is due by may this year (will be 3 yrs then). i know of at least one minder who took herself off the early years register as she was adamant she wouldnt have them cos of the paperwork - she sticks to afterschoolies. i personally would just wait til it happens - as long as you have something for your very parttimer then they cant really argue can they??!! (probably but hey! what u meant to do - borrow children to do eyfs on??!!:eek: )

Twinkles
28-01-2010, 01:57 PM
I'd ask for it now. Get yourself all prepared and do it on your terms for a change !

As you say you only have one so paperwork should be spot on. :thumbsup:

miffy
28-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't bother, I'd just be grateful they'd forgotten me :D :laughing:

Miffy xx

misst104
28-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm with Miffy :laughing:

xxx jo

Ripeberry
28-01-2010, 02:47 PM
I think they forgot me, but I did spot a gaggle of Ofsted inspectors at our local school, the did the school, pre-school and after school club in two days :eek:
I think I'm next as Im the only childminder in the village :D

Lady Haha
28-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the replies! I know I should ring them really! But who would be mad enough to actually ASK Ofsted to come and inspect them!!!:laughing:

TheBTeam
28-01-2010, 10:36 PM
MM I was once told that they wont come if you ask them, but if you wanted them to and explained the situation then maybe they would. If you are ready then maybe try!

ajs
28-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the replies! I know I should ring them really! But who would be mad enough to actually ASK Ofsted to come and inspect them!!!:laughing:

me lol
i needed to get mine done as i was 7 months over due and it was haning over me every week and ruining my weekends so i when i spoke to them about my variation i asked them to come and inspect me so i could get it over and done with
although i agree with miffy on this catch up with the paperwork then forget about it they will get to you eventually

Lady Haha
03-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Well, just been on the phone to Ofsted about something else and decided to be completely insane and mention the inspection. She said my last one was in June 2007, so I will be inspected in June this year and they will write to me first.

But, are they on time?