PDA

View Full Version : sudocreme

charliegee
28-01-2010, 12:14 PM
hello all

just a quick question.

if we see when we change a little one that they have a slightly red bottom. Do we have to phone / text / email parents to get permission to adminster cream for that instance if we already have permissions in place for it in general? - or can we just use it and ask parents to sign for it afterwards?

for calpol or similar - I would make sure I have permissions but would also ring / ask for a text to say is it okay for that particular instance

BUT I don't ask permissions to use wipes or anything - does bottom cream come under something like a wipe or like calpol?!

xxx

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
28-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi i have a permission form for nappy creams, sun creams and antseptic creams. I ask the parents to sign this along with all the other permission forms when we are filling out the contracts, so i know i covered as soon as the mindee starts with me.

charliegee
28-01-2010, 12:28 PM
ah thanks for the reply :)

even if we have permissions in place - do we have to contact parent for confirmation for that particular time we think we need to administer?

woudl you ring a parent to say "can I use sudo as bottom red?" - I don't ring if I need to eg go on a bus as I have permissions, but do I need to ring if it is for something like nappy cream?

confusing myself a bit I think! :blush:
x

Straws
28-01-2010, 01:16 PM
No just put cream on and write it in daily diary or tell parents verbally on collection no other forms or permissions needed.

Straws xx

Winnie
28-01-2010, 01:22 PM
The parents provide their child with a small pot of cream and if i apply it i say 'sore therefore cream' on the nappy change box of the diary sheet. They give written permission at the start.

charliegee
28-01-2010, 01:26 PM
thanks everyone

paperwork gallore!! you ladies (and gents) always are my lifesavers!

thank you xxx

miffy
28-01-2010, 01:41 PM
The parents provide their child with a small pot of cream and if i apply it i say 'sore therefore cream' on the nappy change box of the diary sheet. They give written permission at the start.

Same here!

It's best to cover yourself :)

Miffy xx