PDA

View Full Version : what can i expect???

aly
28-01-2010, 10:31 AM
from a welsh inspection...this will be my first and im still cacking and not sure what to expect or at least what she will be expecting from me???

help:blush:

kellywestie
17-02-2010, 10:55 PM
My inspections have both been very relaxed. The last one was with a new (to me) inspector. She arrived without any warning (except that I knew I was going to have an inspection because I had sent back my SEF). It was a summers day and we sat out in the garden as that is where we were when she arrived. She said to carry on as usual (difficult because she wanted to speak to me and H was running around the garden playing). She went through all my paperwork, the file I had for parents, asked a few questions arising from my SEF and asked if I wanted to ask or clarify anything and that was about it really.

I was quite daunted at the thought of inspection, as most of us are, but it gave me a chance to ask questions and she told me I was well organised (as I had everything to hand) and was doing well.

If you have all your paperwork up to date and everything she asks for to hand, which I am sure you will have, you will be fine. Good luck.

aly
18-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Thanks kelly

DId you out all your details close by for when she did turn up or get them when she was there?

I only ask as all my paperwork etc is upstairs in cupboard.

xx

kellywestie
19-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Hi, I had them all together in the study where they are usually kept as I didn't know what she would want to look at, as I said she was a new inspector to me. When I went to get them wasn't sure if I should take H with me but she said she would keep an eye on him so I just went and collected the paperwork and took it back to her.

If you have everything you think she will want together in a file or box I'm sure it will be fine to keep them in your usual place and just pop to get it when she arrives.

I'm sure it will be better than you imagine - from what I can remember I found them less stressful than the ones I had in England as I always seemed to have 2 inspectors there! Not because of anything I was doing but they had called both times to say the inspector would have someone with them observing!!! - difficult to say no without seeming paranoid!!!

Good luck and don't stress too much about it - fingers crossed for you.