PDA

View Full Version : home/contents/p.l/and m.m vs ncma.

viki-kate
27-01-2010, 10:49 PM
apologies in advance for lots of questions....
firstly.. who do you all go with for home and contents ins...? i wil be paying my contents, but does the home/buildings ins need to change for childminding purposes aswell? as my landlady provides this and is happy to cover it but wants some recommendations as her current providers were not helpful...
second public liability... as i understand, mm or ncma...?
AND... i have/want to write my own policies and procedures and heard somewhere ncma contracts dont cover you if you write your own policies etc, so do m.m's contracts cover your own P&P's?
thanks everyone... :)

The Juggler
28-01-2010, 11:07 AM
wow! lots of threads on home insurance recently. Lots of different companies recommended for insurance who don't increase costs or put exclusions on your cover for childminding. I am with Liverpool Victoria who are fab and others have mentioned Sheila's Wheels and Direct Line I think. There's a few other threads in this section and in minding chat. Not sure what your landlady would do though?

MM you don't need to use their contracts to be covered by the insurance, NCMA you do. NCMA has cheaper insurance and you don't have to become a member to have their insurance. However, they do loads for CM's as a profession, government lobbying etc.

MM has slightly more expensive insurance but good paperwork for sale and as I've seen recently on the forum are far more effective in resolving and recovering money in parents disputes. This is something I, and I think lots of other NCMA members on the forum will be feedign back to the regional forums. I'm a full supporter of NCMA but they are going to lose a lot of members if they don't keep up with MM.

Good luck!

king
28-01-2010, 08:36 PM
I am hoping to start minding in March and with the info I have read on the forum, I have decided to go with mm

viki-kate
28-01-2010, 09:03 PM
thanks guys... :-)

clio0602
01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
I am hoping to start minding in March and with the info I have read on the forum, I have decided to go with mm

Yes me too :)