PDA

View Full Version : summer hols help

kellykelly
11-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Re: Charge for after school in hols??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi i am new to this forum and quite new to childminding.

It does baffle me a bit when it comes to school holidays.
if i have school child who i pick up for school and keep for three hours a day for five days aweek (15 hours aweek ) i am reluctant to charge a retainer fee for holidays as i will have to keep those hours each day available incase they want to use them. i could be loosing full time spaces.

i had an idea to put in my policys that i would charge a retainer fee for parents who had contract more than 30 hours per week? any advise

Kelly
11-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Kelly

It would depend if the parents wanted you to look after the child all day during the school holidays, the after school children attending my setting full time when the school is closed. I charge full fee during these holidays, even if they go on holiday, If the parents do not want to retain the space i will fill it with other children!!! This should not effect your numbers as I find that I do not use full time spaces on school age children, but on under three's.

Kelly

peggy
11-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Re: Charge for after school in hols??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi i am new to this forum and quite new to childminding.

It does baffle me a bit when it comes to school holidays.
if i have school child who i pick up for school and keep for three hours a day for five days aweek (15 hours aweek ) i am reluctant to charge a retainer fee for holidays as i will have to keep those hours each day available incase they want to use them. i could be loosing full time spaces.

i had an idea to put in my policys that i would charge a retainer fee for parents who had contract more than 30 hours per week? any advise

For my before and after schools:-
If the parents know 100% they do not need me during the holidays then I dont charge a retainer. I can then use that space for holiday cover contracts only. If they think they may need me, even if its an odd day here and there then yes I would charge a half price retainer ( I base it on the after school hours).

For my part and full timers:- I would charge a half price retainer if they didnt need me for the school hols regardless whether they knew 100% or not - it would be too much of a loss in income otherwise! They get paid during the school hols, so should I !