View Full Version : Advice needed

27-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Could somebody tell me whether grandparents are allowed to care for children without being registered. I'm in the middle of filling out a variation form and was just about to write that when mindee isn't with me she's looked after by her grandmother but I don't want to get them into trouble.

27-01-2010, 05:04 PM
As long as the grandmother does not get paid, then its fine.

If she is paid, if its in the child's home, then its fine.

If she gets paid and its in the grandmothers home, then I'm not sure

27-01-2010, 05:13 PM
the world has just gone mad hasnt it when you cant look after a friends kids anymore!!!! surely when its a blood relative though its of nobody elses business ?? madness!!!

27-01-2010, 06:32 PM
I don't think you should worry. It doesn't matter if the parents are paying the grandparents or not as far as Ofsted are concerned (though the tax man might be interested). However parents cannot claim the childcare element of the tax credits when grandparents care for their child unless the grandparents are registered.