PDA

View Full Version : Thermometers

patevans
27-01-2010, 02:07 PM
What sort of thermometers do you use to check the childrens temps?

Carol M
27-01-2010, 02:42 PM
At our network meeting last week I raised the question about ear therms and if we can take a childs temp with them, I had read a previous thread.
Co-ordinator is looking into it as she didn't know for sure but it started an interesting discussion. Most tend to use head strips, I prefer ear ones as they are so quick and accurate, some use mercury ones and others said they won't take temps but call parents if they suspect a temp.
Will post again when co-ordinator has info.
Carol

patevans
27-01-2010, 02:44 PM
At our network meeting last week I raised the question about ear therms and if we can take a childs temp with them, I had read a previous thread.
Co-ordinator is looking into it as she didn't know for sure but it started an interesting discussion. Most tend to use head strips, I prefer ear ones as they are so quick and accurate, some use mercury ones and others said they won't take temps but call parents if they suspect a temp.
Will post again when co-ordinator has info.
Carol

I have a head strip one but couldnt get a reading because the child wouldnt keep still so thought about an ear one, will wait for your info!

The Juggler
27-01-2010, 02:46 PM
I take temps if child feels very hot. But tell parents its a rough figure. Mostly you can tell when they are a bit hot but I'm alwasy worried when temps are near 40 because of febrile convulsions and I'd want to ring parents and get permission for fever relief.

carlen222
27-01-2010, 03:52 PM
tempa dots

Pudding Girl
27-01-2010, 04:13 PM
tempa dots

whoda whats??

fionamal
27-01-2010, 04:14 PM
I use the ear one that the docs use, its most accurate but carry a head strip one with me in my first aid kit for when im out and about

patevans
27-01-2010, 04:40 PM
tempa dots

Never heard of these before, where can I purchase some?

PixiePetal
27-01-2010, 04:57 PM
I have a digital one. Under the arm and beeps when it has settled at a temp.

From Boots I think, years ago :)

carebear25
27-01-2010, 05:03 PM
I bought a ear an forehead thermometer off ebay i think it was bout £15

carlen222
27-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Never heard of these before, where can I purchase some?

http://www.medisave.co.uk/3m-tempadots-disposable-thermometer-per-pack-of-100-p-1758.html

when having my own kids up at the hospital i have asked for a pile of them and they have given me them :) also i have a friend who works in childrens hospital so she managed to snaffle me a box of 100 :D:D:D xx