PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got / had a Toyota Previa?

AliceK
27-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi

I stupidly got rid of my Ford Galaxy a few months ago and have since then had a very temporary VW Golf but it is way too small for childminding so I need something bigger, preferably another people carrier but don't think I can afford one but at least a car with 3 x 3 point rear seatbelts. Anyway I've seen a Previa in a local garage for sale, now I know this would suit me ideally but it is V old. I know Toyotas are meant to be very reliable but just wondered what anyone else thinks about them.
Thanks

xxxxx

Monkey1
27-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I had an emina...........it was fab. I have now got a nissan largo but i prefer the totota (cried my eyes out when it 'died'!)

moogster1a
27-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I've got a Lucida which is the equivalent Previa import.It's very old ( not sure how old 'cos it's got a private plate , but it cost about £1000.
it's fantastic. Very reliable, just got it back from it's MOT. Just needed new brake line ( or something !), £60 worth on top of the mot fee. Starts first time even in awful weather. I love it. You can practically stand up in it to strap the kids in which makes life a lot easier. When this one finally dies of old age, which the garage tells me takes some time with these, I'm definitely getting another.

jellytot
27-01-2010, 02:38 PM
I have a Lucida, very similar, fab in size but I find it heavy on the fuel

Chatterbox Childcare
27-01-2010, 03:14 PM
I have one and I love it. Doesn't do very many miles to a tank (crrently get about £60 to 350 miles) due to the short runs and the insurance is a high bracket. I love the feel of it when it drives and it isn't as high as a normal PC.

Try having a company like the RAC or AA look over it first because of its age and get a second key which works the electrics because I was only given 1 and broke it and the damage was £1200

TheBTeam
27-01-2010, 05:21 PM
My friend is driving an N plate and except for it being rear wheel drive and automatic so useless in the snow she has not had any trouble from it, that said it has mot and service being done tomorrow!

sarah707
27-01-2010, 06:08 PM
We have a lucida and love it! :D

sweets
27-01-2010, 06:14 PM
I had an emina...........it was fab. I have now got a nissan largo but i prefer the totota (cried my eyes out when it 'died'!)

:laughing: :laughing: had to re-read this as the first time i thought it said

enama!:eek:

aly
27-01-2010, 09:32 PM
we hadaprevia....that was my very first people carrier lol...then we downsized..then i decided to become achildminder and was gutted as it would have been ideal for the extra space.

x

Tups
27-01-2010, 09:52 PM
I have a lucida it's an 8 seater, love it mine is 12 yrs old still going strong bit heavy on the diesel tups

AliceK
28-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Thank you all very much. I know it's going to be thirsty and i'm not too bothered about that, my Galaxy was quite thirsty and I had a Cherokee before that which was V V thirsty :) . I'm just concerned about reliability but it sounds like you all love them and Tups this one is about the same age as yours so gonna go and look at it at the weekend. Desperate for a bigger car now to get all the children in safely for half term days out.

Thanks again

xxxxxx