PDA

View Full Version : Argh Help Please!

Little Pumpkins
11-03-2008, 04:52 PM
okay so a new little boy started this morning, hes just a school drop off about six times a month.

he fits around another child i have

but he was so naughty, insulting and at times violent. he was abusive to the 9 year old i look after, was spouting how he hates women and girls and was generally awfull. he even jumped up and down on my glass table!!!

my stress level went through the roof.

I am seriously considering ringing his mum tomorrow and saying I will not have him again, as it upset my other mindees

oh and hes 5!

what do you think

katickles
11-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Have you argreed on a settling in period?

Did you let his mum know of his behaviour today - he sounded a nightmare i will agree, but maybe its him showing off or something. I'd speak to mum & then she'll hopefully talk to him? :)

Splish Splosh
11-03-2008, 05:09 PM
poor you hope you get it sorted thats not great behaviour. good luck with this one.x

Mollymop
11-03-2008, 05:19 PM
My nephew sounds like that, part form the jumping on glass tables, but he is very sexist and says some of the most horrible things and I amgoing to be taking him on when I am registered and he is 12!!
Anyway, just want to say i hope that you work something out iwth his parents, maybe he'll calm down?

flora
11-03-2008, 05:25 PM
You should have a settling in period in your contract so this gives all parties a " get out clause" if all doesn't work out. As it was his first day, you may( or may not) want to start again tomorrow. I would give mum a ring and explain what went on and ask if she can tell him that that sort of behaviour won't be acceptable when he comes to you.Ask for her opinion on how she wants this dealt with as you are not prepared to tolerate this kind of behaviour.

If he does kick off, nip any unacceptable behaviour in the bud, he may well just be showing off etc, doesn't mean you have to put up with it.

Time out works well with 5yr olds, diverting their attention to something more positive works too.

Good luck, let us know how you get on. :)

sarah707
11-03-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm with Allie on this one... if you don't have a get-out clause in your settling in policy, I'd be busy and write one now! :D