PDA

View Full Version : LET'S SEE HOW IT GOES DOWN!

The Juggler
26-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Well finally I did it. Sent a letter to all parents telling them I was introducing charges for food. Offered them all sorts of options (eat evening meals at home instead, bring packed lunches, have breakfast at home) and told them I'm open to discuss any issues (but not the fees!) I've wrestled with this since September, then put it off because of Christmas, then didn't want to do it to them in January:panic: :panic:

Let's see what they all say:(

Alibali
26-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Hope it's all positive responses.

solly
26-01-2010, 07:49 PM
I wrote to my parents last month telling them I would not be providing cooked meals anymore I am happy to provide a snack or heat something up for mindees I had come to this decision as i was fed up of being permanently in the Kitchen when i got home from school, then cooking for my children later then cooking again if my husband was late home. especially when the last one leaves between 5.30 & 6pm and they are older children, and not all mindees were eating.
Most of my parents were ok with it

Blue Boy
26-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Hope you get the right response. Will keep my fingers crossed:thumbsup:

Love
Mick xx

The Juggler
26-01-2010, 09:12 PM
thanks all. will let you know how it goes!

FussyElmo
26-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Well done you :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Lets hope its all positive :)

miffy
26-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Have you done this instead of increasing your hourly rate?

I am interested as I've been toying with doing the same but haven't "bitten the bullet" yet.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
27-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Have you done this instead of increasing your hourly rate?

I am interested as I've been toying with doing the same but haven't "bitten the bullet" yet.

Miffy xx

yes been weighing up the two for ages, rate vs food costs. I'm still on average £4, for local fees (apart from new minders who are at £4.50 or £5/hour daytime). I mentioned that in my letter that I felt it was fairer to introduce the food charge rather than increase fees as it was the food costs that were the problem. Also, cheaper for them overall than an increased hourly rate.

I went shopping in the christmas hols and the difference to my food bill was about 40 just feeding dh, me and my two compared to when I have all the mindees here. The costs will just about cover that.