PDA

View Full Version : 3 enquiries this week!!

Polly2
26-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I am full and have 3 parents looking for 2/3 days a week. It 's nice to be popular but I can't fit everyone in and I hate saying no because you never know what is round the corner.

Wish some of you lived nearer and I could pass some work your way :o

estrelas
26-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Its the same here its mad

In my street along theres 5 minders !!! And we are all full ( or as full as we would like to be) Plus i've had three calls this week, and one visit ( who didn't like me much :( ):laughing:

charliegee
26-01-2010, 02:15 PM
busy here too!! crazy as it's so true...with our job you just never know whats round the corner...I can go for ages with not a call and then...at at once!

x

manjay
26-01-2010, 02:39 PM
I have managed to squeeze in a couple more since Christmas and I am sure I already said I was as full as I wanted to be:rolleyes:

Chanelle
26-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Northampton is still very quiet. I am desperate for full timer and have only had a part time 3 hrs a day enquiry. I ideally I want full time niot just term term, which all mine are.

Wishing it would pick up :)

aly
26-01-2010, 02:59 PM
See if they want a cm the other side of caerphilly ;)

Polly2
26-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Will do hun :D :thumbsup:

littlestars26
26-01-2010, 04:15 PM
i new to all this and havnt relly had any enquries i live in the wrose bradford area and it really quiet

Polly2
26-01-2010, 04:26 PM
It took me a while to fill up - hope your phone starts ringing soon x

Carpet Monkeys
26-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Any one overflowing down on the south coast, newly registered here and need some calls!!!

Desi-101
26-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm in South Northants and its very quiet here too! wish you could pass them my way!!

Jules27
26-01-2010, 09:07 PM
I am full to bursting, only had a slot on monday and friday available - had a call yesterday for a 10 month old on a friday term time only!! Seeing them next week so fingers crossed!!! Not looking to actually fill the monday but if the call comes..... will see lol!!!! Had a call today for 16 month old twins 2 days a week but no room so had to pass on numbers of other minders. Thing is, the ones who are currently desperate for mindees do not appear to be advertising anywhere, just relying on word of mouth which seems a bit odd!!!! - and they don't pop into the childminders group even for a quick cuppa and catch up and to be honest i'm more likely to pass on numbers of Minders I see on a regular basis - maybe its just me?!?!?:rolleyes:

MrsT333
26-01-2010, 09:20 PM
I havent had a call for months, the the last 2 weeks I have taken on 2 part timers!:clapping: I am now quite full :clapping:

kentcfis
27-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Out of curiosity - how have they found out about you - is it via the website channels of what was Parent Know How (PKHD) now Family Information Direct (FID) or down to local advertising/word of mouth?

i'm trying to measure its effects...

estrelas
27-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Out of curiosity - how have they found out about you - is it via the website channels of what was Parent Know How (PKHD) now Family Information Direct (FID) or down to local advertising/word of mouth?

i'm trying to measure its effects...

I have most mine from childcare.co.uk but also mainly word of mouth xx

Polly2
27-01-2010, 10:12 AM
One was a previous parent who has had another baby. one was a recommendation from another parent and one was from the internet. childcare.co.uk

hayleychildcare
27-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Ive got 1 from Netmums, 3 from chldcare.co.uk, 1 recommendation from another parent and another 2 because i made flyers last sumer hols and got my yougest son (aged 9) to hand them out whenever he passed someone with a buggy :laughing:

Kel04
27-01-2010, 11:35 AM
I don't get any enquiries down here on the South Coast...have just joined childcare.co.uk so hopefully may get some interest. Mum of lo I care for full-time has just lost her job and is looking for a new one at the moment so she is retaining a space but it's so worrying that she may not find one for a while. Only have one other lo part-time a few hours a week :eek:

patevans
27-01-2010, 11:40 AM
I've also had 3 this week, one for twins aged 2, a 6 month old, and 1 year old but im full to bursting :laughing:

kentcfis
27-01-2010, 11:45 AM
another curiosity question - why childcare.co.uk?

what did it offer differently?
what made it better?

Polly2
27-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I am not sure why lots of peopel are getting work from childcare.com - maybe it comes farther up the list when parents do a google search?

I find that parents are hesitant to ring me if they haven't had a recommendation or at least been able to read a web site or inspection report

Minstrel
27-01-2010, 06:18 PM
another curiosity question - why childcare.co.uk?

what did it offer differently?
what made it better?

It is laid out sooooo much better!

*You can specify what type of childcare you are looking for (parents side of things) and so childminders can do the first approach

*childminders can access it themselves and change vacancies etc.

*pop in your postcode and you get a accurate view of where people are down to 0.1 of a mile

*its convenient to message several CM's/parents at one time

just a few reasons i can think of off the top of my head....:rolleyes:

kentcfis
28-01-2010, 09:18 AM
that's good to know...

*You can specify what type of childcare you are looking for...

*Childminders can access it themselves and change vacancies etc.

*Pop in your postcode and you get a accurate view of where people are down to 0.1 of a mile

We've got 2 out of the three and providers will be able to access their profiles soon within our Local Authority area as they have been able to do so since sept 2004 till late september last year.

It's good to know we are going in the same direction.

Bushpig
28-01-2010, 09:47 AM
I am full full full - SW London. No shortage of work here, ever. :thumbsup:

I pay a small fee to childcare.co.uk every month and it's so worth it - I have control over my profile and can make changes as and when necessary. Feedback from a couple of folk who have rung me via it have said the fact my photo was on there was a boon too :thumbsup: More personal and user friendly.

On the FIS site I apparently work 7am to 7pm (no way!), plus have vacancies, and they don't have my address apparently... but this was updated on the phone a couple of weeks ago and all info was given (some of the info changes have been made, some not)... ah well. My website and tel. number is on there (correctly) most importantly.

Polly2
28-01-2010, 10:06 AM
We have the cis in my area and its ok except they won't let me put my website address on there, and we can't access it except once a year when they write and ask for any changes. Thing is, in this job things change month to month :rolleyes:

kentcfis
28-01-2010, 01:28 PM
We have the cis in my area and its ok except they won't let me put my website address on there, and we can't access it except once a year when they write and ask for any changes. Thing is, in this job things change month to month :rolleyes:

wow... our childcare providers in our area would not accept this... not sure how they can provide an accurate service but i'm sure they have their reasons...

Polly2
28-01-2010, 01:38 PM
OH don't get me started on how rubbish it is in my area!! :angry: We are not funded a network so can't get accredited, no training, no cm mentors or dw's nothing.

All the cms in the area are annoyed about it and have complained to ncma but...nothing.

They have been asking me to write to our local mp actually but not sure if I am brave enough :blush:

balijay
28-01-2010, 09:44 PM
To those of you on the South Coast -, I am on the Dorset/Hants border right on the coast and I have enquiries for babies coming out of my ears! I may not be able to accomodate them all so please pm me if you can think I can help x :)