PDA

View Full Version : shops?

charliegee
26-01-2010, 01:59 PM
hello all

quick question whilst my lot are asleep if you don't mind...!

can we take little ones to the shops? (if risk assessed of course)

I needed to go to supermarket to get resources for the children to make some cakes and took little ones with me of course.

it is a trip for the kids stuff - not for me to do a big shop as it were

is this okay?! I've got a permission for general outings so know that's alright.

For older children I've done outings to green grocers to pick fruit - but these ones I'm taking today are under 2

sorry if a silly question!

(edited as being dumb and wrote as it as if I hadn't done it yet...when I had!!) thining in wrong tense! x

x

sarah707
26-01-2010, 02:00 PM
While mine are asleep as well... :laughing:

Yes of course you can! It's a good learning experience for the children.

We often go to choose our lunch or look at the fish in the fishmongers or get some grapes for snack :D

estrelas
26-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Yep its fine

There was a bit of a discussion on here about this a while ago :D

I would never do a full shop whilst minding but i do go to the local shop , fruit shop with them occassionally, Think its good for them xx

Andrea08
26-01-2010, 02:03 PM
dont worry not a silly question...GO TO THE SHOP!!!,,,its ok to take them its what "if at home" their mum's would do thats why they with a childminder not a nursery ,,, we take the children to lots of different places just not to the hair dressers for hrs or to get our nails done lol,,, as they grow get the children to help with the shopping its part of life and learning xxx

green puppy
26-01-2010, 02:03 PM
I have 3 under 2's and we often pop to the shops for fruit or bread etc, it's also a learning experience for them if you talk about what you see, let them pop things in the basket, choose the fruit if possible. I never take them on a huge shop but for little bits and bobs it's fine.

charliegee
26-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Thanks everyone - I agree and think it's fine and children seem to enjoy it - I know my parents like it as well but was wondering what ofsted would think! - although I guess if you explained it in line wiht EYFS / Risk assessments / permissions they'd be happy (hopefully!!_

- just there was a queue at the tills and my mind started thinking on it a bit too much really!

....We've got some lovely cake ingredients and when little ones wake we're going to get a baking!!!

you lot are stars! xxx