PDA

View Full Version : new help

littlestars26
26-01-2010, 01:40 PM
new registered childminder got my first child anybody got any ideas for me i do weekly planning. i just wanting ideas and how to start etc with paper work etc any tips

Minstrel
26-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I would spend the first two weeks minimum getting the child settled in and doing lots of obs so you can gauge the childs interests and starting points.

After this you will find it much easier to start your planning and make it sucessful.

Good luck x

Andrea08
26-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Planning,,,, there are lots of threads ere on planning,,,

long,,,this is your continual provisions

MTP,,,,monthly or termly plans eg chinese new yr activities, whats in your area,, drop in's... places you go each week..

STP.. this is the activity sheet used for an activity,,, eg card making or trip to zoo which would inc your risk assessment..

to start i would look at your MTP for the month of Jan...

list each week and what you will do ,,,

Monday...
am.........toddler group
lunch
pm.... park (risk ass)

Tues
am.... soft play area (inc risk ass)
lunch
pm..... friends for free play,,,STP... card making

Wed
am....swimming
lunch
pm....libuary... STP Story sacks

the planning for each child is the same but what is the child interested in? what does the child need to help him/her with the craft..activity etc

can you get with other CM's to help you get started?

we are ere if you need help kk
Andrea x

littlestars26
26-01-2010, 04:29 PM
thank you there is many groups around here and i have rung and rung early yeras there just arnt getting bk to me i went on the bcma website and found long medium and short term planning. am i ok to do weekly planning up to next week then start all beginning of feb when i have got to know the child more would ofsted be ok with this