PDA

View Full Version : advice please

tara
26-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Had this parent hand me a dvd player this morning telling me it need pluging in while he watches it :angry: l have a 2 year old that gets into everything so leaving a wire around would be dangerous plus l mind a 22 month old so need advice on what to tell the other parent later.

estrelas
26-01-2010, 10:40 AM
:eek:
shocking

They want you to plug in their DVD so he can watch it?????

I'd say sorry no chance
First if it breaks second just no :thumbsup:

whisper_1981
26-01-2010, 10:40 AM
why did they hand u a dvd player? seems a bit of a odd thing to bring with them?

estrelas
26-01-2010, 10:43 AM
why did they hand u a dvd player? seems a bit of a odd thing to bring with them?

thatswhat i thought

nannymcflea
26-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Good grief. Is this for an under 5's? If so say "no thanks, we don't have time"

If it's for an after schooler say "no thanks I have lo's to think of"

Blooming cheek!

whisper_1981
26-01-2010, 10:45 AM
yeah but why on earth have a dvd player brought from home.... i'd say if a dvd player is going to be used i'd use my own ... along with sorry but i dont think were have time to watch a dvd ........... thats gonna niggle me though the day why on earth they bring a dvd player from home

harrysgirl
26-01-2010, 10:57 AM
One of my mindees occasionally brings one of their favourite DVDs with them with permission from mum to put on at quiet time if they are feeling tired/under the weather - usually their mood changes during the day so I often say "sorry we didn't have time to watch it" - but to bring a DVD player - that's odd????!!!!!

tara
26-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Our dvd player dont work as we have sky plus ive not bothered sorting it out.He cant be trusted around little ones and is bored all the time but l dont like being told what im going to do with my electric dose that sound bad :blush:

estrelas
26-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Our dvd player dont work as we have sky plus ive not bothered sorting it out.He cant be trusted around little ones and is bored all the time but l dont like being told what im going to do with my electric dose that sound bad :blush:

How old is he?

whisper_1981
26-01-2010, 11:02 AM
oooooooooo tell them its not pac tested so cannot use as it is from outside of the house lol

tara
26-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Hes 9 years old they have given me notice from friday just gone they were a nightmare for the old childminders and they have not changed at all.The dad handed me these chicken peices unopened last week and told me he has chips with them.I dont get paid to give him dinner and the mother had the cheek to say ( ah you cant cook ) :angry: l told them and emailed them in a really nice way that l can heat food up but thats it l do offer a snack but he dont like our food :angry: l need to tell her im not happy with pluging in the dvd player but fel like im just always moaning.l have put up with so much from this boy he bullys my children if im out the room and he pokes me and calls me fat.

whisper_1981
26-01-2010, 11:15 AM
sounds to me that them giving u notice is a good thing will be one less stress for u and the other children to worry about ( that sounds wrong dont it?)

Polly2
26-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Hes 9 years old they have given me notice from friday just gone they were a nightmare for the old childminders and they have not changed at all.The dad handed me these chicken peices unopened last week and told me he has chips with them.I dont get paid to give him dinner and the mother had the cheek to say ( ah you cant cook ) :angry: l told them and emailed them in a really nice way that l can heat food up but thats it l do offer a snack but he dont like our food :angry: l need to tell her im not happy with pluging in the dvd player but fel like im just always moaning.l have put up with so much from this boy he bullys my children if im out the room and he pokes me and calls me fat.

This is awful :angry: - bet you are glad he is leaving! I would not use the dvd player just leave it in his bag and say you have been busy/ in the park. It s not right anyway if it endangers the other children in your care

tara
26-01-2010, 01:07 PM
l will be glad when he leaves im not fat ive had 2 children so l dont look like a super model yes l could do with losing some weight im im no bigger then his own mother.When she comes he punches her and is very difficult there is a lack of disapline in his house he runs the house.Now im happy for him to bring it but wont plug it into my electric so it would need fully charged before he comes.I need a disclaimer dose any one have one l could see.