PDA

View Full Version : rac AA breakdown cover

carlen222
25-01-2010, 08:40 PM
hi, can rac or aa breakdown cover be claimed against your tax?? either in whole or a percentage?? i thought i was covered by the rac under the family scheme but turns out its only family members all living in the same home. i wouldnt bother with it personally as i dont do long journeys but do i need it as a childminder??? and if i do can i claim it?? lesley xx

sarah707
25-01-2010, 08:45 PM
You don't have to have it... it's up to you.

I use Auto Aid as recommended here -

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/roadside-recovery

If I need them, the organise the garage to come out and I pay the garage up front and they send a cheque to reimburse me.

We rang them a few weeks ago and got the cheque a week or so after claiming so it does work.

If you wouldn't normally buy rescue cover but you do because you are taking minded children out then you can put it through your books.

Hth :D

carlen222
25-01-2010, 09:05 PM
as i live in the back of beyond i doubt i think its only the rac and aa that cover my area, and at that they have to travel 1.5hours to get to us ;) and i wouldnt be taking any mindees on long drives (as i said im in the back of beyond so nowhere to take them to lol) i just thought maybe it was a requirement that i had to have?? ill just not bother with it, thanks for the reply though xx