PDA

View Full Version : RAG

Megan
25-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Has anyone heard about the new traffic light system every county is going to use to rate childminders?

Megan

Trouble
25-01-2010, 08:32 PM
nope tell more:idea:

It's a small world
25-01-2010, 08:33 PM
:huh: please share ??????:huh:

Megan
25-01-2010, 09:08 PM
As I understand it:

Early Years will send you a form asking your how you rate yourself on certain topics ie EYFS, documentation etc.,

There is a coloured template to work alongside; Red, fair, Amber good, Green Outstanding.

Your rate yourself , NCMA< or early years monitor you and see if they agree.

Shoud you rate yourself red then they will send the teaching staff in to help you.

You don't not have to fill the form in but they will still monitor you.

Early Years in your County will kepp the records, this is nothng to do with Ofsted, they are purely having to meet their targets for Government funding.

Megan

miffy
25-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Nope, never heard of it

Where did you get your information from?

Miffy xx

The Juggler
25-01-2010, 09:58 PM
me either but our la team? monitoring? don't think they know what the word means. they don't visit those who do nothing and they don't visit those who want visits.

Megan
25-01-2010, 10:15 PM
NCMA & Early Years

Trouble
25-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Could be a good idea:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
25-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Not heard of it at all. Mind you isn't that what our SEF gives us chance to do?
I don't really see how NCMA or Early Years teams would be able to monitor this - NCMA don't have workers in all areas - and I know our DW is stretched to her limit with what work she does have and CDO's aren't in place across the country - it would be a very hit and miss affair i think.

nell57
26-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Has anyone heard about the new traffic light system every county is going to use to rate childminders?

Megan

Yes they do them in Stoke, I have one. How I understand it, I can use its as a self evaluate/ reflective tool, or a way of assessing your policies to see I'm meeting the welfare requirements.

Straws
26-01-2010, 07:44 AM
We are already doing it in Stoke on Trent, Its a folder with sections e.g safeguarding, welfare requirements, RAG = red, amber, green, it asks you questiosn about what you have got in place, and you rate yourself red= not done, amber done but needs tweaking, green= complete, your development officer will go through it with you.

Straws xx

donnagwynne
26-01-2010, 11:58 AM
I have not heard of it in my area. They are currently training in the american FCCERS systems (Family Child-Care Environmental Rating Scale) where assessors come in and score you against a very rigid criteria. With no self-assessment or anything. Not very helpful either.

Donna

emmadines
26-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Could be a good idea:thumbsup:

might help us to get more support in th paper work side ie, obs and planning (which I feel i struggle on!)

ajs
26-01-2010, 12:32 PM
I have not heard of it in my area. They are currently training in the american FCCERS systems (Family Child-Care Environmental Rating Scale) where assessors come in and score you against a very rigid criteria. With no self-assessment or anything. Not very helpful either.

Donna

i haven't heard of that but as i don't speak to my DO she may not be telling me these things on purpose