PDA

View Full Version : first aid box

lorraines little treasures
25-01-2010, 01:12 PM
can anybody help i am due for my inspection and just checked my first aid box, has anyone got the exact list of what we need to have in them, as i dont want to miss something out , thank you

littlestar
25-01-2010, 01:27 PM
The British Red Cross suggest the following contents:
• Leaflet or manual giving general guidance on first aid
• 20 individually wrapped sterile adhesive dressings (assorted sizes), appropriate to the type of work (dressings may be of a detectable type for food handlers)
• Two sterile eye pads
• Four individually wrapped triangular bandages (preferably sterile)
• Six safety pins
• Six medium sized individually wrapped sterile un-medicated wound dressings (approximately 12cm x 18cm)
• Two large sterile individually wrapped un-medicated wound dressings (approximately 12cm x 12cm)
• One pair of disposable gloves

this is the list i have hope it helps :)

caz3007
25-01-2010, 01:51 PM
I am just in the middle of my 1st aid course and the book we were given also says in addition to the stuff on the list above

5 Low adherent dressing approx 5cm x 5cm

1 roll of hypo allergenic tape

3 pairs disposable gloves

1 pair of round end scissors

10 packs of 5 sterile gauze swabs for cleaning a wound or 10 wipes

1 finger bandage and applicator

It does go on to say that is isnt mandatory but a recommendation. When I was inspected, Mrs O only wanted to see where I kept it, but didnt look inside

Carol M
25-01-2010, 02:09 PM
I also have little book and record dates contents were checked. Some things have use by dates on. Also have emergency contact details of mindees so everything to hand if first aid needed.
Carol:)

littlestar
25-01-2010, 02:17 PM
if it helps i also on my first aid box have names of mindee's with any allergies or not allowed meds so if anyone else need to use in an emergancy they can see whats allowed and not allowed its also a to hand reminder for myself

lorraines little treasures
25-01-2010, 05:48 PM
thank you for all your help with the first aid contents, you have helped alot

beccas
25-01-2010, 06:06 PM
when i got ofsteded she never checked said that it changes that often as long as there no lotion potions creams them i am fine.