PDA

View Full Version : yippee.......but help!!!

candy cat
25-01-2010, 12:36 PM
I have got my first parent visiting tomorrow:panic: ....... Full timer too,so really want this one.....What do you ask on first visit....I don't want to bombard her with paperwork etc.....HELP!! LOL!!

Mrs.L.C
25-01-2010, 12:56 PM
I ahve a profile for parents to flick through and put as much info in here as possible about my service- policys, alittle bit about me, photos, references from other parents, qualifications etc and this usualy prompts questions

I have found alot of parents think of questions when at home and forget about them on the visit so i have done a frequently asked questions and answers sheet for them to take home and tell them they can contact me any time if they have any other questions

I ask things about their child like routines they are in, things they like and dislike - generaly just go with the flow of the parents/child

I usualy arrange another time to give them all the forms to be signed - once they have made a decision

Good look with the visit and fingers crossed for you

candy cat
25-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Thanks.....I have my profile ready and waiting.....fingers crossed cx

Blue Boy
25-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Just like topchick dav, we show them our portfolio when they are here and get them to doo most of the talking. Ask them questions like What hours are they looking for (this often changes from original conversation!). If the interview is booked for more than a week away we either get the parents address or email and send them a copy of our information booklet so they can see what we offer to cut down questions when they arrive.

Love
Mick xx