PDA

View Full Version : parent !!!

miss sunshine
25-01-2010, 08:08 AM
i have had child A since he was 4mths old (now 3) he has been given a place at a school nursery started last week i used to have him fro 9-5.30 since starting nursey i have him 11.30-5.30, mom just assumed that the fees would go down, i have told her that they don't as i could not fill that space for 2.5 hrs, told her that nothing has changed she was paying me while he was at playgroup and it was her choice to put him a nursery (1 which i do not pick up from) she has told me that i am being totally unfair by doing this and she has to come out of work to pick him up from nursey which is costing her more in petrol i explained that was not my issue as she knew i didn't pick up from that school and she had to consider these facts before putting him in nursery, she is also on 50p less per hour than my other parents, do i back down and agree to a new fee with hours 11.30-5.30 or stick to the normal fees.

Twinkles
25-01-2010, 08:16 AM
NO !!!

She should have discussed this with you before moving him to nursery. You are not being unfair !

solly
25-01-2010, 08:18 AM
I presume you do not take him to nursery either is the nursery term time only or all through the year?
If the nursery is all through the year then after the 4 weeks notice of change then i would only charge from 11.30 and not be responsible for him whilst he is at nursery.
If it is only term time then i would carry on charging as you are as you have him in the holidays so you are holding the space so he can use it when he is not at nursery.

wendywu
25-01-2010, 08:18 AM
No stick to your guns.

Some parents just do not think before they act. She can always take him out.:panic:

ChocolateChip
25-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Stick to your guns!!!!
She knew all the facts and should have considered them before taking that decision so it's her problem not yours. Start running around after her now and she'll expect even more in the future so just don't give her the opportunity.

Polly2
25-01-2010, 08:20 AM
I think that parent should have had a chat with you about this before she started nursery. However personally I don't charge straight through if I am not dropping off and am not responsible during those hours.

Does she want you to be 'on call' while lo is in nursery?

HELEN10
25-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Yes charge, whether you drop him off or not, as you say you wouldn't be able to fill the space and anyway wouldn't she want it back in the hols?

She has a full time contract with you and knew you didn't pick up from there, what did she think you were going to do change you mind just for her!!

HELEN10

Andrea08
25-01-2010, 08:38 AM
ok this happened to me too..... but i drop-off at the nursery and i am responsible during thoes hrs,,,, so i charge full,,,,

if i was you i would tell parent that after a 4 wk notice is up,, you will give them a reduction to help with petrol cost as you can not collect but you are not going to be responsible for the child during hrs at nursery,,,

tell the parent that you normaly charge full and that you are doing her a faviour and not to tell any other parents you are doing this for her or take child A and find an other mug...

good luck hun x

Pipsqueak
25-01-2010, 09:47 AM
If I was not dropping off and nor was I 'on call' while child was at nursery then I would only charge from 11.30.
BUT I would have reviewed the contract and fees -which would have probably been raised in line with the less hours attended.

what i think is unreasonable and unfair is that the parent has moved the child to a nursery you don't pick up from without discussing it with you first. can you pick up from this nursery? if you can then you need to add onto your contract that you will be leaving at xx time and you will be charging from that time plus petrol costs etc.....

sounds like a lack of communication and assumption

little chickee
25-01-2010, 09:47 AM
If you do not drop off at the nursery and am not on call during nursery hours i would charge from 11.30 but at your normal rate - no 50p reduction.

If she wants you to collect from the nursery and not be on call as above but add a collection fee ( an extra hour at normal rate) for the inconvieniance.

If you are to collect and be on call charge from 9am but maybe at the reduced rate.

messyplay
25-01-2010, 12:35 PM
If you are only having the child on a part-time basis I would charge a different rate ie I charge £4.50 per hour for under fourteen hours per week and normal rates after that. If they still want cover for school hols I would charge while child is at nursery.

daisyboo1980
25-01-2010, 12:42 PM
if your only going to be charging from 11.30 when child is at nursery dont forget to remind them that hoilday the child can only start at 11.30

Blue Boy
25-01-2010, 01:29 PM
No way! We have it wriitten into our contract policy that full pay is charged for time a child is at pre-school. parents sign to agree all our policies so they have no come back.

Love
Mick xx

Tatjana
25-01-2010, 08:38 PM
If it was me and i wasn't dropping off or collecting i would reduce the fees to start from 11.30am. Otherwise what is she paying for those hours? Fair enough you can't fill those hours but that's not really the parents problem.

xx

TheBTeam
25-01-2010, 08:45 PM
I dont charge for time at nursery or playgroup unless i drop off and collect, but i do charge a slightly higher rate per hour for the time they are with me and a time allowance to go out and collect, this extra secures their place during the holidays.

helenlc
25-01-2010, 09:02 PM
My friend has recently had a similar situation. They agreed on half fees for while LO was at nursery.

But if she was used ie nursery shut, LO needs picking up early, then its full pay. She was called to pick him up in the first week twice as he was unsettled!

It also guarantess his place with her for holiday times.

I think perhaps half fee is a fair compromise? I would suggest this and if both of you agree, then say that you will charge full fee for the next 4 weeks and then go down to half. I am assuming you ask for 4 weeks notice for change of hours/fees etc?

jelly15
25-01-2010, 09:56 PM
This happened to me but I reminded parent that 5 hours or more I class as a full day as it would be impossible to fill the space for that shorter time. They didn't like it so I deducted the cost of the nursery from my daily rate as a sign of good will.

mushpea
26-01-2010, 06:58 AM
I charge whilst they are at nursery if i drop of and pick up , maybe you could tel her you will charge her from 11.30am but in the hols she could then only drop to you at 11.30am as she has not reserved the space.

PixiePetal
26-01-2010, 07:04 AM
My friend has recently had a similar situation. They agreed on half fees for while LO was at nursery.

But if she was used ie nursery shut, LO needs picking up early, then its full pay. She was called to pick him up in the first week twice as he was unsettled!

It also guarantess his place with her for holiday times.

I think perhaps half fee is a fair compromise? I would suggest this and if both of you agree, then say that you will charge full fee for the next 4 weeks and then go down to half. I am assuming you ask for 4 weeks notice for change of hours/fees etc?

Thats what I did when I had children at nursery. Half for the time there. I did not drop off, just collected.