PDA

View Full Version : Help please - Do we have no life of our own??????

emmadines
25-01-2010, 12:09 AM
oh I am soooo annoied:angry: , do we not have a life???? I have recived this -

Hello Emma
I would like to let you know about a change in my timetable. From week beginning 15th February, **** would be attending your setting only on Tuesdays from 1-7 p.m. The payment for that week is therefor £27.00 and not £45.00. I am paying a total of £162 for the next four weeks plus the balance of £30.00 I owe you for the late payment of the last invoice, bringing the total payment to £192.00.
Many thanks

I am planning to reply with this, what do you think.

any change in hours with regards to reduction requires a 4 week notice period as started in your contract. therefore you are required by contract to pay the 4 weeks notice. then after this period your fees will go to your new time table. I am also unable to accomodate hours after 6 pm due to the setting closes at 18.00

I sort of need to send this tonight if anyone is about plzzzzzzzzzz

Blaze
25-01-2010, 12:13 AM
I'm here - hold on.....

Hello Emma
I would like to let you know about a change in my timetable. From week beginning 15th February, **** would be attending your setting only on Tuesdays from 1-7 p.m. The payment for that week is therefor £27.00 and not £45.00. I am paying a total of £162 for the next four weeks plus the balance of £30.00 I owe you for the late payment of the last invoice, bringing the total payment to £192.00.
Many thanks

I am planning to reply with this, what do you think.

any change in hours with regards to reduction requires a 4 week notice period as started in your contract. therefore you are required by contract to pay the 4 weeks notice. then after this period your fees will go to your new time table. I am also unable to accomodate hours after 6 pm due to the setting closes at 18.00

I would put:

Thank you for your email. Please note however that any changes in the hours needed are subject to a four week notice period (as stated in your contract), therefore as per contract the fees for week w, x, y & y will remain at ****, as will the hours available to you. From x date the new reduced hours___________ & rate of x will apply, but please note that I am unable to accomodate hours after 6pm & the reduced fee is based on you collecting at 6pm. May I take this opportunity to remind you of the setting policy of charging x per minute/ hour if children are collected late after the contracted time...At your earliest convienience could you please make an appointment so that we can ammend the relevant paperwork to reflect the change in your circumstances (your signature is required), asIi will be unable to proceed past x date (4 weeks time), without the corect paperwork.

HTH:)

emmadines
25-01-2010, 12:16 AM
the total she has been invoiced for this 4 weeks is £180 thats 2 days per week @ £4.50 - 1pm to 6pm.

how dear she tell me what I will be doing, not "would it be possible"

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Blaze
25-01-2010, 12:23 AM
OK - have edited my OP

...any good?

emmadines
25-01-2010, 12:25 AM
OK - have edited my OP

...any good?

oooo thankyou

why do they expect you to just do what they demand without any question!! aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!

Blaze
25-01-2010, 12:27 AM
:huh: :angry:

emmadines
25-01-2010, 12:47 AM
hi hows this??

Thank you for your email. Please note however that any changes in the hours needed are subject to a four week notice period (as stated in your contract), therefore as per contract the fees for week 25th Jan, 1st Feb, 8th Feb & 15th Feb will remain at £220 this is inc your late payment fee, as will the hours available to you. From date the new reduced hours 15th Feb & rate of £22.50 will apply from 22nd Feb after your 4 week notice period, but please note that I am unable to accommodate hours after 6pm & the reduced fee is based on you collecting at 6pm. May I take this opportunity to remind you of the setting policy of charging £3 per half hour (see my fees and hours in your parent pack) if children are collected late after the contracted time...At your earliest convenience could you please make an appointment so that we can amend the relevant paperwork to reflect the change in your circumstances (your signature is required), also will be unable to proceed past 22nd Feb (4 weeks time), without the correct paperwork.

Emma young

emmadines
25-01-2010, 12:51 AM
:) :( ....

Blaze
25-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Hold on - I'm reading!

emmadines
25-01-2010, 01:05 AM
sorry try this one

Thank you for your email.

Please note however that any changes in the hours needed are subject to a four week notice period (as stated in your contract), therefore as per contract the fees for week 25th Jan, 1st Feb, 8th Feb & 15th Feb will remain at £220 this is including your late payment fee, as will the hours available to you. From 22nd Feb the new reduced hours of 1pm -6pm at £4.50per hour totaling £22.50 per week will apply, after your 4 week notice period, but please note that I am unable to accommodate hours after 6pm & the reduced fee is based on you collecting at 6pm. May I take this opportunity to remind you of the setting policy of charging £3 per half hour (see my fees and hours in your parent pack) if children are collected late after the contracted time...At your earliest convenience could you please make an appointment so that we can amend the relevant paperwork to reflect the change in your circumstances (your signature is required), also I will be unable to proceed past 22nd Feb (4 weeks time), without the correct paperwork.

Emma Young

Blaze
25-01-2010, 01:05 AM
hi hows this??

Thank you for your email. Please note however that any changes in the hours needed are subject to a four week notice period (as stated in your contract), therefore as per contract the fees for weeks beginning 25th Jan, 1st Feb, 8th Feb & 15th Feb will remain at £220( this is inc your late payment fee). As will the hours available to you remain as they are for this period. From date the new reduced hours 15th Feb & rate of £22.50 will apply from 22nd Feb after your 4 week notice period, but please note that I am unable to accommodate hours after 6pm & the reduced fee is based on you collecting at 6pm. May I take this opportunity to remind you of the setting policy of charging £3 per half hour (see my fees and hours in your parent pack) if children are collected late after the contracted time...At your earliest convenience could you please make an appointment so that we can amend the relevant paperwork to reflect the change in your circumstances (your signature is required), will be unable to proceed past 22nd Feb (4 weeks time), without the correct paperwork in place.
Emma young

Changes in red.
Blue = sentence muddled - you need to straigten it out.
HTH:)

emmadines
25-01-2010, 01:06 AM
have done look above

xx

Blaze
25-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Blue now =:thumbsup:

Suggested changes in red:thumbsup:

But think I'm being pernickity!:rolleyes: :D

emmadines
25-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Blue now =:thumbsup:

Suggested changes in red:thumbsup:

But think I'm being pernickity!:rolleyes: :D

no I like pernickity lol

thankyou your a star. Im sending this reply and am not off to bed .... need sleep!

thankyou xx

Blaze
25-01-2010, 01:29 AM
No problem - glad to help. Night. x

solly
25-01-2010, 08:11 AM
It really winds me up when parents decide to tell you what to do rather than ask whether it is possible :angry: I have a couple of parents who have done this to me in the past but didn't get very far

Twinkles
25-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Well I need closure on this !!! What happened ???? :rolleyes:

singingcactus
25-01-2010, 08:20 AM
I would also make sure the mum knows that persistent late pick up will end in her having to find new daycare, because judging by her message to you she will just pay the £6 and pick up at 7pm anyway.
Good luck with it all.

Have to say I don't know which is worse, a parent who tells you what they will be paying you, or one who needs to be told how much every week even though the hours are the same lol - I think your parent to be honest though.

Polly2
25-01-2010, 08:26 AM
What a bossy woman :( What happened?

emmadines
25-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Well I need closure on this !!! What happened ???? :rolleyes:

I have sent the reply, and if she don't like it then she will have her 4 week notice to end contract. she has messed me around and does not seem to understand how the setting is run, no matter how many time she has been told...

to be truthful i have been considering about ending contract with her, i have kiddies from 6.30am to 6.00 pm monday to friday and to be truthful I think its too much....for me.. i know most ppl work that many hours, prob more but even in health care and elderly care I wouldn't work that many hours. and mainly because shes hard to communicate with - no a language barrier juts not very communicative. when I closed the setting to get married I didnt charge, she also didnt pay till one week after it was due, so i threw in my late payment fee as there was no call from her with regards to this(all my other mums will call if they have a problem) she then asked me to waver the late payment fee as I was closed the previous week. (flippin cheek)

anyway, I have him today at 1pm will let you know if she says anything!!

jelly15
25-01-2010, 08:44 AM
I had a parent tell me, "this is the changes you will be accommodating and this is what I will be paying.":angry: She did give me plenty of notice but was reducing hours and therefore my payments, so I told her yes that is ok but if another parent approches me wanting ful days I would be giving her a months notice. She decided to carry on paying full days:clapping:

Blaze
25-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Did she say anything?

The Juggler
25-01-2010, 02:03 PM
hope things went OK today.

georgie456
25-01-2010, 02:10 PM
What happened today?? I'm itching to know her response. Hope it went ok x

Heaven Scent
25-01-2010, 02:36 PM
the total she has been invoiced for this 4 weeks is £180 thats 2 days per week @ £4.50 - 1pm to 6pm.

how dear she tell me what I will be doing, not "would it be possible"

This is one reason why I strongly object to our homes being referred to as "SETTINGS" it depersonalises them and therefore seems to give people the feeing that they have the right to tell you how you will run it. All they hold in mind are you and the fact that they pay you and therefore see you as an employee and its even easier to see it that way if they somehow feel that your place of work is just that and no more to you. You are offering a service as a home bases childcarer in your home which you share with others - some of those being your own children who need you. I would let her know this in as nice a way that you can.

You've been given some very sound advice from others now run with it and stand your ground!!! - GO GIRL!!!

Pipsqueak
25-01-2010, 02:40 PM
oh wow - I log of for a while and look what happens......

any news??????????????

emmadines
25-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Well when she dropped little pip off, she didnt say anything, so I asked her if she had got my reply.... she said no and she would check later, she had an un easy look on her face.... so I think she knows whats coming....

girls I really think I need out of this job.... dont get me wrong, the kids are lovely, hard work at times but lovely.. its only this one parent thats causing the problem but thats not really bugging me.

I started minding just to be home with my kiddies and earn some money, I dont know whats wrong but I really dont feel that this is for me, yet I need to work..... theres very little out there really, I do know what type of job I want to do but it requires 3 years of training..... uuuggggghhhhhh!:(

Pipsqueak
25-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Ditch the parent and get a new one hun, instead of ditching the job.

Mind you I am not far off joining you on that thought!

emmadines
25-01-2010, 08:58 PM
to be truthful I dont think she will hang around long, Im refusing point blank to work till 7. its my and my family's time (although I normally end up cooking and cleaning up after the day!) and my kiddies go to bed at 7.30 so I want that time with them.

Gherkin
25-01-2010, 09:07 PM
You need to do what is best for you and your family.

I have had a parent tell me they are changing their day in September and I told them that I do not know if I can accomodate them. If I have the child in September they could block an under 5's space.

Lady Haha
25-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Wow, I'm so lucky with my parents!!! All of them will ask really nicely if 'I mind' doing such and such a day etc. One is contracted for Thursdays only and her boss changed her day and she asked so nicely if I could do that one instead and did she still need to pay for the Thursday as it was the contracted one (her words, not mine!). She's so nice, I replied saying, it was fine and no, I wouldn't be charging her for both days.

I'm shocked that some one would have the cheek to send an email like that!!!

emmadines
25-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Wow, I'm so lucky with my parents!!! All of them will ask really nicely if 'I mind' doing such and such a day etc. One is contracted for Thursdays only and her boss changed her day and she asked so nicely if I could do that one instead and did she still need to pay for the Thursday as it was the contracted one (her words, not mine!). She's so nice, I replied saying, it was fine and no, I wouldn't be charging her for both days.

I'm shocked that some one would have the cheek to send an email like that!!!

tell me about it, I was really shocked! and i cant believe how angry it made me I really had to hold back on sending what I really wanted to say.....

It's a small world
26-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Sorry I too have nice parents . One used to be a cm herself so knws the problems it can bring . We forgot to discuss holiday pay ( school holidays) they are after school children . At Xmas she handed me some money and I looked at her and she said it's fees for the holidays. We didn't discuss whether I was paying you but I thought it best and then if I need you all day ( mindees sometimes spend holidays with their dad) I just pay you the extra money to make up for extra hours. She is so nice. Had a few problems with the schoolies but things getting better.
Anyway has she replied to your email ??????? V

emmadines
26-01-2010, 07:26 AM
no, im gonna print it off and a copy of the invoice as it stands.... and hand it too her...:angry:

im not a fan of email (for work wise)

helenlc
26-01-2010, 07:31 AM
I have just given notice (in the settling in period) to a LO who is here until 7. Its too late. And I am not prepared to do it.

Last week mum was running late and LO was collected at 5 past 8 !!:eek: I missed Eastenders cos I was changing a pooey nappy and making up a bottle! Normally, I have had my bath, got my PJs on and snuggle up on the sofa with my kdis to watch it. My DD also goes to bed at 8.30.:(

But stick to your guns about your finishing time. It sounds like you might be better off without this one, Maybe having a new LO and parents start might rejuvenate you a little.

You mentioned the job you would love to do needs 3 yrs training - can you not do it through the Open University or distance learning? That way you are getting the qualification you need but can continue earning at the same time.

emmadines
26-01-2010, 07:35 AM
I have just given notice (in the settling in period) to a LO who is here until 7. Its too late. And I am not prepared to do it.

Last week mum was running late and LO was collected at 5 past 8 !!:eek: I missed Eastenders cos I was changing a pooey nappy and making up a bottle! Normally, I have had my bath, got my PJs on and snuggle up on the sofa with my kdis to watch it. My DD also goes to bed at 8.30.:(

But stick to your guns about your finishing time. It sounds like you might be better off without this one, Maybe having a new LO and parents start might rejuvenate you a little.

You mentioned the job you would love to do needs 3 yrs training - can you not do it through the Open University or distance learning? That way you are getting the qualification you need but can continue earning at the same time.

its a paramedic course, so its plenty of looking into, i think im just feeling a little defeated at the mo..

cuffleygirl
26-01-2010, 08:19 AM
With Solly on that one - you are far more likely to oblige if asked nicely. Being rude/demanding just gets my back up.

It's a small world
26-01-2010, 08:19 AM
You should say you charge £20 an hour out of hours . !!!!That's not bad for an hours work then!! She'll soon change her mind!!!

emmadines
26-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Ive just looked at my account, shed only just paid me the £192 not the £220

aaaerrrrggggghhhhhh if i keep typing it wont be ploight....

Ive added this to her copy of her invoice and I have highlighted it too

Thank you for your payment of £192.00 please pay the outstanding balance of £28.00 by Tuesday 2nd Feb 2010, failure to pay will incur late payment fees of £5 per day as per contract.

Ive given her a week

Lady Haha
26-01-2010, 10:30 AM
I would give her notice before you end up in prison for assault!!!!:laughing:

emmadines
26-01-2010, 10:40 AM
I would give her notice before you end up in prison for assault!!!!:laughing:

:laughing: :clapping: :laughing:

~Chelle~
26-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Thats shocking, she has just basically chosen to ignore you. I would be so tempted to give notice, it is a hassle you could do without.

Let us know how you get on with getting the rest of your money x

estrelas
26-01-2010, 10:56 AM
:eek: :eek:

Parents really do amaze me sometimes

emmadines
26-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Thats shocking, she has just basically chosen to ignore you. I would be so tempted to give notice, it is a hassle you could do without.

Let us know how you get on with getting the rest of your money x

if she dose not pick him up till 7pm I will write a letter giving noice and extra charges for late collection... im toying with dropping him anyway due to "personal cercomstances" as I think i have too much as Im working 6.30 - 6pm mon to fri which is more then i wanted to do when i started this job. but im not having her collecting at 7pm its my time with "my" family!!

georgie456
26-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I think you have done everything right, kept it polite oput everything in writing etc etc.

If she doesn't pay up and collects at 7pm, I would give notice,. She sounds way too high maintenance for me!!!!!!!

emmadines
26-01-2010, 01:20 PM
I think you have done everything right, kept it polite oput everything in writing etc etc.

If she doesn't pay up and collects at 7pm, I would give notice,. She sounds way too high maintenance for me!!!!!!!

the week we got married I booked off and didnt charge for, that week all invoices were due and all but one parent paid on time and if there was the chance of it being late they would call, she didnt and I had to chase her. so I added late payment fee.

she didnt like that and asked me to drop the late payment fee as I wasn't open that week, I said no and stood my ground (getting good at that lol,) but I knew it then that there would be more problems!!!

Blaze
26-01-2010, 01:36 PM
If she doesdn't pick up at 6pm ring the emergency contacts & get them to collect & give her notice too (along with an outstanding amount invoice):angry: !