PDA

View Full Version : When they leave....

donnagwynne
11-03-2008, 01:46 PM
....what paperwork should I be sending with them???

The first children I ever minded, (from last June) are leaving on Friday.
They moved house before christmas and now have new schools and nurseries sorted out.

Could anyone please remind me about what I should be doing to wrap things up re: contract and paperwork. The little boy is 2 and the girl is at school.

Thanks

sarah707
11-03-2008, 01:52 PM
I have a letter confirming last day and final bill and ask parents for a reference.

It also reminds them to cancel the tax credits as we are not responsible for doing that, parents are.

I send children away with a memories book full of photos and a bit of writing about what they can do now that they couldn't do when they arrived, so they can look back at their time with me. :D

fionamal
11-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Im the same as Sarah.

Memory book full of photos and stories and also if they are very young their special cups and cutlery.

donnagwynne
12-03-2008, 02:12 PM
I like the idea about the book of memories, I will have to get on to that one double quick.

What about the observation stuff that I did for the Birth to Three Matters? Should that go with the little one to? I am a bit worried about this one as I could do with holding onto his folder until my ofsted inspection has been done, if I send the folder with him I will have no proof that I do BTTM.

What do you think?

He has already been for his settling in days at the other nursery, do you think that they are expecting some developmental input from me???

Donna

sarah707
12-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Have you got access to a photocopier Donna? I keep copies of all my observations.

I wouldn't know about the nursery, depends on how forward thinking they are. I am sure that after September we are going to be expected to do something for a handover.

How about a little memories photo book with notes about the experiences he has had at your house? Then suggest to mum that she shares it with nursery... that would be you doing your bit for working with other agencies and parents as partners at the same time :D