PDA

View Full Version : New puppy and Ofsted.

PixiePetal
24-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Do I need to tell Ofsted we are getting a new puppy. They do know we have a dog already but do I have to tell them we are getting another?

haribo
25-01-2010, 08:16 AM
i hope not as i havent told them i got one in oct... someone else will know but i didnt think we had to :panic:

Andrea08
25-01-2010, 08:49 AM
NO, esp as they know you already have a dog,,, but its good practice to;-

1) mention this in your SEF
2) add in what Risk Ass you have
3) add in news letter to parents inc any Risk Ass
4)enjoy your new puppy ;0)

xxx

little miss chatterbox
25-01-2010, 09:42 AM
phew i saw this and panicked! I didn't even think to tell them!

we had a dog when I was registered and got another a year ago but didn't think to tell them!

PixiePetal
25-01-2010, 10:21 AM
They will find out at next inspection then!

Have told parents and it will have a cage/ be out with DH most of the time. Usual rules re injections/worming and cleaning up after it.

She is dead cute :blush:

haribo
25-01-2010, 11:03 AM
what kind is it pixie petal ? mine has a cage and i pop her in at drop offs pick ups and shes fine -once forgot to let her out wen everyone had gone and she just fell asleep - i got such a fright wen id tidied up then remembered to look for her -thought shed gone home with one of them :eek: :laughing:

PixiePetal
25-01-2010, 03:38 PM
what kind is it pixie petal ? mine has a cage and i pop her in at drop offs pick ups and shes fine -once forgot to let her out wen everyone had gone and she just fell asleep - i got such a fright wen id tidied up then remembered to look for her -thought shed gone home with one of them :eek: :laughing:

A terrier cross. bit of a mongrel. Looks quite like our patterdale - small, smooth and black! Wonder how she will turn out as only 5 weeks at the moment.

Will get a cage as we want her used to it. Can only put in kitchen - which is quite large and kids will need to pass her to go to dining room or loo so think it will be best as she is so small, easy to trip over/mislay :laughing:

DH will hopefully build a kennel/run in the garden in the better weather. We are lucky to live in a farmhouse with huge garden so can easily give up a bit for the dogs away from my work area :thumbsup:

Now need to think of a name - any ideas????

haribo
25-01-2010, 05:13 PM
oh sounds cute . we got a cage the day we brought ruby home and let her discover it she made it her den and she has it downstairs open most of the time i close it when i need to keep her safe and she sleeps near my bed in it , works really well .. i like poppy for a name :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
25-01-2010, 05:29 PM
oh sounds cute . we got a cage the day we brought ruby home and let her discover it she made it her den and she has it downstairs open most of the time i close it when i need to keep her safe and she sleeps near my bed in it , works really well .. i like poppy for a name :thumbsup:

BIL, also on works on the farm, has called his lab Ruby, thats one I wouldn't have minded for ours.

Think Poppy might be a bit twee as our DD is Daisy! Bit too similar in theme. :rolleyes:

There is one name that has been mentioned on my other 'name our puppy' thread which we all quite like.......still welcome some more!! :thumbsup:

haribo
25-01-2010, 07:12 PM
lol i like daisy too :laughing: will find the other thread :thumbsup: x

Trouble
25-01-2010, 07:24 PM
I could be totally mistaken but i think you do have to tell them but

as andrea says its good practise to tell them what obs and stuff regarding dogs you have

mammumof4
26-01-2010, 05:37 PM
I would ring OFSTED to make sure! i informed them when we got a dog back in june and they asked me to put it in writting in a letter or email :rolleyes:

Jessicasmummy
26-01-2010, 06:09 PM
I notified Ofsted when we got our puppy, I think so long as they can see you have risk assessed then they are happy with that.