PDA

View Full Version : car seat for 1.7 years old which is over weight?

Kat
24-01-2010, 08:30 PM
hi,

I am minding a child which weight is 15 kg and he is 1.7 years old. Am I allowed to use car seat which is a stage 2-3 for 4-over (15kg -over) which is seat and booster seat?
I am in big trouble to find something which can fit him now as on the top of him we have jacket etc?

Kat

sarah707
24-01-2010, 09:12 PM
I would take his jacket off if the straps don't fit safely. Cars warm up pretty quickly don't they?

You can get advice from places like Halfords and large Mothercare shops which should help you get the right seat for his age and size.

Hth :D

nannymcflea
24-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Stage 2 forward facing go to 18kg's I think so he'll be ok for a while yet. strip him down to his t-shirt if the straps are too short and put a blanket over him while the car warms up.:thumbsup:

TheBTeam
24-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Stage 2 forward facing go to 18kg's I think so he'll be ok for a while yet. strip him down to his t-shirt if the straps are too short and put a blanket over him while the car warms up.:thumbsup:

I have one that is 18kg and one that is 15kg, which i have to be careful with as I care for a 16month old who is more than 15kg without a coat so have to make sure i dont get them wrong.

mushpea
25-01-2010, 07:01 AM
I had this problem with a big lad and was told go go by weight not age, i put him in the sort of car seat which is a booster with a back on and 5 point seat harnes but he was to heavy for the harness so from 20 months had to use the adult seat belt.