PDA

View Full Version : Giving notice?

tigger
24-01-2010, 05:03 PM
I was wondering if anyone can help me with a termination letter. No fault of parents just considering a break for a few months to get back on top of things. I'm not sure of the best way to go about it. Any advice would be great. I'm really struggling with things and think the break would do me good.

The Juggler
24-01-2010, 05:13 PM
hope you are OK. would it be worth speaking to parents about shorter hours maybe or do you need a complete break. if so, I would just sit and tell them in person first and then say you are sorry but you need to give notice. nothing personal to them but you are stopping minding for a period of time for personal reasons. You could offer to work a longer notice period until they find someone they are totally happy with?

just write a short letter saying, as discussed, "for personal reasons I need to give you written notice of my decision to terminate our contract to care for your child. As per our contract the notice period will be xxx and the final day of care will be xxxx"

hope things work out and the break is what you need.
x

zillervalley
24-01-2010, 08:50 PM
hi

sorry to hear that you feel you have to have a break

september of last year I decided to cut my days to three , because of dh illness

i sat with my parents individually and explained to them, then wrote it in a letter referring to what we had talked about, it only effected one family as she came tues, thurs and i wanted to work mon,tues, wed, i sorted her out with another childminder.

all families were supportive but one

you could do some thing sinilar

best of luck, and let us know the outcome

ziller