PDA

View Full Version : Tuff Spot

venus89
11-03-2008, 11:31 AM
I came across these in a catalogue yesterday and now I really really want one as I can think of hundreds of uses for it. Does anyone know the best (cheapest!) place to get hold of them? I'm tempted with splashing out extra and getting the mirrored one - does anybody have a mirrored Tuff Spot and if so, is it worth the extra money?

Rubybubbles
11-03-2008, 11:32 AM
not sure what your talking about:laughing:

have you got a link to look at for us?

ma7ie
11-03-2008, 11:36 AM
There's a link here http://www.tts-group.co.uk/Product.aspx?cref=TTSPR594135

Fifi
11-03-2008, 11:37 AM
I came across these in a catalogue yesterday and now I really really want one as I can think of hundreds of uses for it. Does anyone know the best (cheapest!) place to get hold of them? I'm tempted with splashing out extra and getting the mirrored one - does anybody have a mirrored Tuff Spot and if so, is it worth the extra money?

That's the chespest one I've seen so far

http://www.tts-group.co.uk/Product.aspx?cref=TTSPR592978

venus89
11-03-2008, 11:37 AM
http://www.reflectionsonlearning.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9608

Hope that works!
You can get printed sheets to go in the bottom, of them (faiytale, builer, picnic etc) and canopies to attach to the top iof them. But what I really like is that having babies to mind I can put water or sand and stuff in them and they can play safely. And drawing patterns in the sand, playdough etc - our space is limited so the easier things are to store away the better. But I figure this has more space than an ordinary tray.

venus89
11-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Thank you FiFi - the one in my catalogue (NES Arnold) is £27 so maybe I've got the best price already!

angeldelight
11-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Looks good

Thanks for that

Angel xx

venus89
11-03-2008, 11:49 AM
I've just come across this

http://www.tes.co.uk/section/staffroom/thread.aspx?story_id=2130517&path=/Early+years/&threadPage=&messagePage=1

13 pages of ideas for using a Tuff Spot - I've decided I'll porbably get enough value out of a non mirrored one!!

sarah707
11-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I used a mirrored one at playgroup a while ago - it was really smooth and a nice feeling under my fingers. Don't know if it would scratch or not though?

I'm cheap - I just use a cat litter tray! :D

angeldelight
11-03-2008, 12:16 PM
I was going to say that about the cat litter tray Sarah haha

These are a lot bigger though so good for outdoors I think

xx

venus89
11-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I might well get a cat litter tray too! I like the size of the Tuff Spot though, I think you can be more creative with a bigger space....

Mind you, I've opnl;y done 4 hours of childminding so far, once I get into it properly I might be thinking differently!

I'd use it outdoors for the messier stuff (paint, shaving foam etc) and indoors or outdoors for small world play and less messy things.

Twinkles
11-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I like the tuff spot and it wasn't a bad price. I liked the idea of the stand but that was expensive.

venus89
11-03-2008, 01:07 PM
The stands are, and the inserts are £20 each which is extortionate. I'd rather spend that money on things to use with it, like coloured sand or small worl stuff. Apparently you can double them up as a chalk board too....

jo f
11-03-2008, 10:36 PM
I am thinking about getting a few cat litter trays. I bought some play backgrounds for small world play from sparkle box, I have printed them out just need to get round to laminating them, theyre great and v cheap too! usually I only use the freebies from that site but I like these and got both sets

Tily Bud
11-03-2008, 11:10 PM
im definately going to get a tuff spot, they have one at nursery and its annazing the different things they use in it x

oakie dokie
12-03-2008, 08:15 AM
iv been after one for ages, had some at hyde but all sold, about £6 but all they are is for mixing cement on and they sell them at b&q , obviously they dont have a mirror.

hazelx

cherry
14-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Just like Hazel our local Playgroup get their's from DIY shops, they are for mixing cement in but work just as good

miffy
22-03-2008, 07:46 AM
I've got one that my friend's husband got me - he's a builder

I think they are great really versatile and the children like being able to get in them too

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
22-04-2008, 03:41 PM

did you get one? how have you found it?

It is very big:eek: , maybe cat litter trays would be better for indoors
oh choices:laughing:

lizzymoonshine
26-04-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm liking that idea! they look great,

i've seen them at sure start, always fancied one,

might treat myself. :)

donnahay0
26-04-2008, 06:29 PM
You can buy them from Wickes and probably B&Q etc. I do think they are a fantastic buy. They are rather large and would probably keep mine in the garden now. For indoors I will use Sarah's idea and use a cat litter tray. (Thank you Sarah). :)

lizzymoonshine
26-04-2008, 06:36 PM
aaaahhhhh

not seen them in b and q, always thought they'd be more expensive than that but there ideal. Would use mine for the garden, when we went to sure start the other week, they had cornflakes and tipper trucks, my mindee was in his element!!!

:)

netty
26-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Not seen them in store at B & Q but on line or under mixing trays priced at around £15.00
Netty xxx

miffy
26-04-2008, 08:27 PM
aaaahhhhh

not seen them in b and q, always thought they'd be more expensive than that but there ideal. Would use mine for the garden, when we went to sure start the other week, they had cornflakes and tipper trucks, my mindee was in his element!!!

Like the cornflakes and tipper trucks idea :thumbsup:

Thanks Lizzy

miffy xx

Rubybubbles
27-04-2008, 08:52 AM
aaaahhhhh

another top idea thanks for sharing

venus89
28-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Well, I bought my Tuff Spot (finally) on Wednesday, from Wickes. On Thursday it was a pond with rubber ducks and fishing nets for baby A. Now my kids have turned it into dinosaur land - wood bark, stones, weeds (great way to let them use real plants!) and toy dinosaurs, kept them happy in the garden all weekend. It's definately been worth it - easy to store, plenty of space (but they can still reach the middle), and I'm brimming with ideas for it when I can get it back from my kids!

Rubybubbles
28-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Well, I bought my Tuff Spot (finally) on Wednesday, from Wickes. On Thursday it was a pond with rubber ducks and fishing nets for baby A. Now my kids have turned it into dinosaur land - wood bark, stones, weeds (great way to let them use real plants!) and toy dinosaurs, kept them happy in the garden all weekend. It's definately been worth it - easy to store, plenty of space (but they can still reach the middle), and I'm brimming with ideas for it when I can get it back from my kids!

excellent thanks for letting us know!

sarah32
28-04-2008, 09:49 AM
how much was it venus???

Jinx
28-04-2008, 10:15 AM
I think they look great. Hubby will be proud of me.....buying something from wickes!!!! http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/543009

Jinx x

venus89
28-04-2008, 11:55 AM
I think it was £16.99. And I think it will be worth every penny, to be honest x

Jinx
29-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Must admit, I'd never actually seen one of these things in action before, but took my neighbours' 5yr old into school today and just inside the classroom door was a Tuff Spot.
Was quite chuffed that I knew what it was!!!! :clapping: :clapping:

Going to get one this weekend I think.

Thanks for the tips.

Jinx x

NikNak
29-04-2008, 01:55 PM
WOW what a great idea. Im going to go to B@Q tom to get a cement tray and start using it in the garden. Thanks for the idea.x:)