PDA

View Full Version : baby signing

It's a small world
22-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Thinking of doing a baby signing course can anyone recommend any?

This looks good..Just wondered if anyone had done any signing classes?

http://www.babysign.co.uk/Course_details.html

beccas
22-01-2010, 09:27 PM
that looks good might do that as well i dont like makaton i prefer baby signing

mama2three
22-01-2010, 09:56 PM
i did tinytalk and loved it . It does depend on the class leader though , infact i stopped going after ours changed. Not sure how much ds3 got out of it , he was probably a bit young really , but i enjoyed it .I sign lots , especially when singing or out and about , and at mealtimes. Most give you a free trial session i think. x

Chell
22-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Helen who takes Tinytalk in Kettering is lovely. If you want to save some dosh then we can meet up and I'll show you the signs you need. :thumbsup: M can demonstrate (my 17mth old DD).

dobby
22-01-2010, 10:29 PM
I have used babysigning with 2 children and done some courses. It is useful if reinforced at home too so child gets lots of exposure. Before going on any courses though do check what classes parents are going to locally as some systems are maketon based and others british sign language and there are some crucial differances between the 2. Rather stupidly our LA paid for childminders to be offered training with a company that had no franchisee in our area and it was a differant format to the baby signing company that WAS running :rolleyes:

It's a small world
23-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Helen who takes Tinytalk in Kettering is lovely. If you want to save some dosh then we can meet up and I'll show you the signs you need. :thumbsup: M can demonstrate (my 17mth old DD).

Hi Chell

Just looked at your website..Might be getting some books from you next month.Will let you know about the signing... Hope you ok?