PDA

View Full Version : attendance records

sweets
22-01-2010, 03:18 PM
basically i HATE that blue book! i find it a pain to fill in and hate asking parents to sign it on a friday night when they just want to get home. ivw nowhere to keep it in my hallway and often forget to take it to the door with me so sometimes parents end up signing about 3/4 weeks at a time. i have 6 mindees and HATE trying to find 'thier' page. i did use a post it note sticking out for a while but they either fell off or got all crumpled up. what i want to know is

if i make up some individual attendance sheets with all the next term dates on, can i just get parents to sign once a month instead of weekly?

carlen222
22-01-2010, 03:21 PM
there was a similar post yesterday or day before similar to this about making up her own attendance register, you should check out the replies xx

happy days
22-01-2010, 04:03 PM
when i had my ofsted inspection and showed her my register, i always sign it but never can get my parents too. anyways she says they dont need to, its not a legal requirement, aslong as they could see I was putting in exact times coming and going etc... and she said i know parents arent always helpful in signing things!

Mouse
22-01-2010, 04:12 PM
At one time Ofsted seemed quite pushy about getting parents to sign the attendance register.
The inspector picked me up on it once as I hadn't got parents to sign all the time and I asked why they had to as I'd not seen a rule anywhere that said they had to. She said that if parents didn't sign, I could be writing any times/days in my register. I said I could be doing that anyway as parents never actually checked what I'd written, they just signed it without even looking!

sarah707
22-01-2010, 04:16 PM
At one time Ofsted seemed quite pushy about getting parents to sign the attendance register.
The inspector picked me up on it once as I hadn't got parents to sign all the time and I asked why they had to as I'd not seen a rule anywhere that said they had to. She said that if parents didn't sign, I could be writing any times/days in my register. I said I could be doing that anyway as parents never actually checked what I'd written, they just signed it without even looking!

:laughing: I had a very similar conversation with an inspector a few years ago!!

The upshot being that parents sign my attendance register (which I have designed) every month when they pay their bills.

If they pay weekly, they sign to say they've paid me.

hth :D

Twinkle
22-01-2010, 04:31 PM
My parents sign to say that they have paid me but not the attendance register. My understanding is that it is not a legal requirement and stopping them to ask them to sign the register gives them the opportunity to start up another conversation about how bad a day they've had! :panic:

carebear25
22-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Im glad sum1 has posted this as I was gettin worried that I wasn't gettin parents 2 sign 2 b honest if I stop my after school mindees mum we end up chattin 4 ages.

caz3007
22-01-2010, 05:06 PM
I had my Childminding co-ordinator round yesterday and she said I should be getting it signed daily....like yes, the parents would want to do that :)

Why cant they all work from the same hymn sheet.

When I used to drop at nursery, they just wrote down the name and the time they arrived on one sheet and no one signed it only the nursery worker who opened the door

Heaven Scent
22-01-2010, 05:07 PM
It is not a legal requirement so it is your choice - can you imagine if it became law how would all the schools in the country manage having parents traipsing into classrooms to sign registers to state that their children actually were in attendance.:laughing: :laughing:

Dragonfly
22-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Made me laugh Twinkle,:laughing: Im with you on that one