PDA

View Full Version : oh baby!

charliegee
21-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Hello everyone

Hope you all had a lovely christmas and sorry I haven't been on for a while - feels like January is flying actually! :blush:

I've been searching about people who on certain days look after three little ones - ie three under twos and what people's experiences are.

I'm considering taking on a baby (together with two toddlers - one being my own) and the thing that is troubling me is...buggies!!!

I'm looking at the o'baby tripple (can't afford one of the ABC buggies which is what I would LOVE!) and wondering if anyone uses the o'baby and what their thoughts are?

I'm nervous of children scratching each other (toddlers are quite large and into hairpulling / scratching etc which I'm working on but is eased with the use of a tandem buggy at the moment)

does anyone have any experience of this / advise they could give - you all are lifesavers and when I was trying to think it through thought.....I know where I'll ask!!:)

thanks everyone xxx

mushpea
22-01-2010, 07:03 AM
my friend has one of the obaby buggys, it seems easy enough to push but is very wide and would not fit through her house door way or through my back gate, we ususaly lift it through side ways!
how old are the toddlers? would one of the be able to ride on a buggy board or on a bibi strolli bike? this might be easier and a cheaper option.
as for the scratching and hitting each other she just keeps and eye on them and gives them a firm NO, another childminder I know has a peice of perspex between her children in the buggy, this stops them hitting each other but I think its a ridiculous thing to do as all it teaches them is that i cant hit you if i cant get to you but wait till we get home! she would be much better off teaching them not to do it.

CAZMCA
22-01-2010, 07:28 AM
my friend has one of the obaby buggys, it seems easy enough to push but is very wide and would not fit through her house door way or through my back gate, we ususaly lift it through side ways!
how old are the toddlers? would one of the be able to ride on a buggy board or on a bibi strolli bike? this might be easier and a cheaper option.
as for the scratching and hitting each other she just keeps and eye on them and gives them a firm NO, another childminder I know has a peice of perspex between her children in the buggy, this stops them hitting each other but I think its a ridiculous thing to do as all it teaches them is that i cant hit you if i cant get to you but wait till we get home! she would be much better off teaching them not to do it.

:laughing:

perspex? i bet that went down well with Ofsted, lol

The Juggler
22-01-2010, 07:39 AM
I've never needed a triple mine toddlers were always old enough for a buggy board or walking short distances. How old are your two.

charliegee
22-01-2010, 08:23 AM
haha perspex!! that made me laugh! thans for the replys everyone

it would be a baby of 7 months and two ones older around the 20month mark each.I'd thought about a buggy board but I've got a phil and teds and didn't think you could get one for them? is a buggy board suitable for 20 months?

plus I walk miles and miles and don't think the toddlers would be able to cover the long distances I do without getting tired.

Had considered a sling (to put my own in) but not sure on safety of this with a buggy as well.....

ahhh - nightmare all these buggy combinations isn't it!

x

miffy
22-01-2010, 09:08 AM
McLaren used to do a slim triple side-by-side buggy but don't know if they still do - whatever you choose is likely to be quite heavy to push with two toddlers and a baby in it.

If you check out your local twins and multiple births group (tamba) then you might get some advice from there and the chance to pick up a second-hand buggy at a reasonable price

Miffy xx