PDA

View Full Version : I'm so upset

21-01-2010, 10:45 PM
I advertise myself (as I'm sure alot of you do) on childcare.co.uk. Well today I found out that one of the other CMs local to me has copied and pasted great big chunks of my profile into hers!!!!! She's always very friendly to me and often asks how business is..........and then I see this! I am so upset. I spent quite a bit of time when I started out, thinking of how I was going to market/advertise myself and now she has practically stolen it word for word

jumpinjen
21-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Oh dear, not so good, well I have found that most of my business has actually come from web listings, people have searched for a CM in my area and my listing has popped up a few times, so try that, some of the business lsiting sites allow you to put a profile in, but be warned you do then field phone calls from people asking if you want to pay to advertise in their magazine!!!!!

Also word of mouth so get chatting to everyone you can about being a fab childminder!!

Finally, when I first got going I had a CM friend who seemed to copy everything that i did...... it irked me to start with but then I realised that she wasn't following through on the ideas so wasn't really anything like my setting and i relaxed about it.... the proof is in the pudding and there's no good saying something if you can't follow through sooooo.....

although you are annoyed, don't worry, keep to your vision and you will get there!

hugs, Jen:)

youarewhatyoueat
22-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Please don't be upset by it , it's really not worth it. As childminders we all tend to offer the same thing so to be original in our adverts is really not that easy. I've seen adverts that are very similar but as a parent I doubt they take much notice.
If its the artwork you have done which is original or the name she has copied I would just ask her to take it off as it may cause confusion to parents and leave it at that. Not worth falling out over it.

Blackhorse
22-01-2010, 09:50 AM
if it is actually copy and past i would report it to childcare.co.uk
they should be able to see which version was on their page first.

i am not saying to fall out but i also wouldnt accept it. but maybe that's just me

Mouse
22-01-2010, 09:56 AM
It is annoying, but there's probably not much you can do amout it.

I know you shouldn't need to, but could you alter your advert to read even better? Then if she changed hers again, have a word with her & tell her to stop copying you.

Lady Haha
22-01-2010, 01:48 PM
if it is actually copy and past i would report it to childcare.co.uk
they should be able to see which version was on their page first.

i am not saying to fall out but i also wouldnt accept it. but maybe that's just me

I'm with this one!:thumbsup:

Richard
22-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi newbie.

If you would like to send me a PM on the forum with the email address you have used on your childcare.co.uk account then I will have a look into this for you and see if there is anything I can do to help.

Richard

childcare.co.uk
www.childcare.co.uk

sarah707
22-01-2010, 02:27 PM
I was just about to say - Richard the owner of childcare.co.uk is around the place... you should have a word with him...

And here he is posting to offer you help! :D

22-01-2010, 02:33 PM
I had no idea that anyone from childcare.co.uk would see my posting and am thrilled that Richard has. Richard - I have sent you a PM and would be very grateful if you can look into this for me :)

Richard
22-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi newbie

I have received your PM and replied, and also sent you an email.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Richard
www.childcare.co.uk

babydayz
22-01-2010, 02:50 PM
result!!.
Yes i have had other cms copying my postings not on childcare.co.uk but on others like netmums.