PDA

View Full Version : which buggy/pushchair

coffee-time
21-01-2010, 10:42 PM
hi i was wondering which double buggy all you ladies use, i havent actually started minding yet but want to be ready when i do! im assuming i will need a double and might get a cheap single as well, i love the phil and teds buggies wish they had them when my kids were younger but they are so expensive!!

Carol
21-01-2010, 11:03 PM
I have a mothercare tandem pushchair at the moment and have used several Graco tandems too. I just find them good value for money and lots of room for the children. Love the new ones around now though.

Carol xx

mama2three
22-01-2010, 11:23 AM
mine is a safetch deluxe double jogger. very easy to push , comfortable - too wide for my front door and so lives in the garage which is a bit of a pain. Quite reasonably priced on ebay , not seen them in shops.

helenlc
22-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I have the Graco DuoSport. Great big basket, a bar handle which is easy to push the buggy when holding the hand of another LO too.

I got mine off netmums and it came with 2 footmuffs too which are quite generous and fit the nearly 2 yr olds I have.

Its fold flat so not umbrella fold. But its very light (about 10kg compared to the 13kgs of my Chicco umbrella double) and folds quite flat. It stands alone when folded too. It also has a one hand easy peasy folding system too.

You can attach a buggy board too but I havent yet.

LittleStar's
22-01-2010, 01:52 PM
I have the phil and ted sport!

Well worth every penny, but yes they are very expensive !!!

Noodles
22-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Im a phil and teds fan too best pushchair i have ever bought and well worth the money.
You can sometimes get a bargain on ebay so its worth keeping your eyes open also im sure someone was selling one on here earlier:) :)

Trouble
22-01-2010, 02:22 PM
I have a 3 wheeler jogger thing

it was expensive but soooooooo worth it:D :D

sweets
22-01-2010, 02:25 PM
i have a jane powertwin. its great as both children have a good view of the world! its light and very east to get up kerbs and folds down small as well.
they are expensive new though. i managed to get mine from ebay.

TheBTeam
22-01-2010, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=helenlc;621290]I have the Graco DuoSport. Great big basket, a bar handle which is easy to push the buggy when holding the hand of another LO too.QUOTE]

Me too, my first one after a lot of use gave up the other day when i noticed i couldn't lock the wheel in the snow, so treated myself to a new one. This seems sturdier than most umbrella fold as it doesn't have the vulnerable weak spot for folding that umbrellas do so is more durable, also has it has a bar handle is much easier to push one handed and in the snow it is pulled easily one handed!

I also have a mamas and papas twin aria which isn't as easy to use as the graco but the children do sit up a bit better in the seats, it is much harder to fold too.

I for when i may need to push 3/4 have an Easylife pedigree sport double which can have two toddler seats, this is very heavy duty and a fantastic buggy but is big for most cars and a bit of a heavy thing to put up/down as it has a strange mechanism, but even with 4 children it is a fairly easy pushchair to push, has solid tyres so no punctures, but it is a lot of money.

I have a couple of umbrella fold singles but generally don't use them, i put a single child into the double buggy as the graco and M&P fit through a standard doorway.

jumpinjen
22-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I would definately reccomend investing in a good one that is easy to push.... i loved my graco duo but it was stolen.... :(

i then bought a cheap umbrella fold but it is like pushing a dead cow along and so hard on my back, plus one of the weak joints is giving in....it had a good report from the minder i bought it from but she was only using it to do a two minute school run every day.... i walk miles with my mindees round nature parks, the canal, to playgrounds, round National trust gardens so i really need a more robust one.... I've just agreed to buy a triple/double convert from someone on this forum, can't wait to try it out!!!

So think.... what do you need it for.... can you ait to find the best deal/save up abit more..... if you go for more expensive it might be more durable, how long do you plan to mind for? Do you need it to fit in a small boot.... i know several minders all with the same twin buggy as they have a Zafira and it is the only one that will fit in the boot!! Do you walk lots and want one that is a good off-roader? My choice is swayed by needing one that fits round the kissing gates on the bridges and canala!!!

Jenni x:)

miss mopple
22-01-2010, 07:33 PM
I have a phil and teds too and love it :clapping:

Mine is an older version that I bought for £115 from a mum at school. Total bargain as had double up kit, 2 panier bags, hand warmer, cosytoes and raincover :clapping:

onceinabluemoon
22-01-2010, 07:50 PM
I've got a phil and teds sport double too, cost about 350 new for all of it but worth every penny.

I've also got a maclaren twin triumph and a double mountain buggy which I hardly use and am thinking about selling.

AliceK
22-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Phil & Teds all the way. I tried 3 others before I splashed out on a P&T and it is soooooooo worth the money.

xxxxx

TheBTeam
22-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Their is a good deal on an online site for the graco duo which is quite robust and good in woods i found for £139.95 including raincover, 2 cosy toes and a matching sportsbag and including delivery, very quick too!

coffee-time
23-01-2010, 08:43 AM
thanks for all the replies everyone, so helpful! im going to wait a while before i invest as like i said im not actually registered yet, but id love to get a second hand phil and teds as couldnt afford it brand new, i used to have a graco duosport when my 2 oldest children were younger (about 8 yrs ago) and it was a really nice double buggy too. think ill keep looking on ebay ect!
thanks again.

MrsT333
23-01-2010, 08:51 AM
i have the mclaren triumph double buggy, it is a nightmare, i have 2 18mth olds in it, it is so heavy, hard to fit in to doors, heavy lifting up & down the curbs, needs 2 to hands to push, i would not recomend to childminders who do alot of walking

i am saving for a phil & teds :)

desiderata
23-01-2010, 12:20 PM
I recently purchased a Bertini London stroller from netmums and I have to say I love it! Its a big pushchair and has a toddler seat that fits on top. It has 4 steerable wheels and in the snow it was fantastic. It came with a cosy toes and apron and raincover. I have lots of comments on it when Im around. Even took it to the shopping centre yesterday and got round no probs and had lots of people looking and commenting there too.

beccas
23-01-2010, 12:33 PM
i have the mclaren triumph double buggy, it is a nightmare, i have 2 18mth olds in it, it is so heavy, hard to fit in to doors, heavy lifting up & down the curbs, needs 2 to hands to push, i would not recomend to childminders who do alot of walking

i am saving for a phil & teds :)

I have one of these and total agree on some points it is heavy but fiots through doors at a push, i had to have a buggy pod attached and a buggy board last year so think how heavy that was i just bought a cossatto duet light hoping this will be a but better!! really wanted a phil and teds again but too expensive then day after i bought new one someone puts on on here, couldnt belive it just my luck