PDA

View Full Version : So, what do I do next lol.

jackie__1981
11-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Ok so I have made the big decision to give up my career as an accountant and become a childminder. Making that decision was the biggest step for me :thumbsup:

So what happens next? I am gonna call up my local childrens information service and request some information, but where do I go from there? Do I go on a course? Do I get a reistration pack? At what point do they do Oftead do a home inspection? What about the police checks?

And how long did it take everyone from start to finish? Now that I have made the desicion to do it I would love to get going as soon as possible.

Sorry, I know I am such a newbie, I don't really know anything! :o

sandy
11-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Hi,

Good luck to you.
If i remember rightly you will need to contact ofsted and they will send you all the relevent info. Also worth contacting your local childminding assoc. as they will have details of first aid courses and introduction courses etc.

My reg took about 6 months, then another 6 months to get first mindee so don't hand your notice in too soon !!

Before you know it you'll be up to your ears in glitter, glue and poo !!!!

Welcome to our world :laughing:

Sandy x

sarah707
11-03-2008, 09:45 AM
It depends on your area how long things take... CIS is your first port of call and they will be able to answer all the questions relevant to where you live... :D

angeldelight
11-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx

ma7ie
11-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Good luck from me too.:thumbsup:

ruby
11-03-2008, 04:00 PM
good luck with your new career

cathy

katickles
11-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah i first contacted CIS they then went through the registration process with me. Good luck with everything :)

Splish Splosh
11-03-2008, 05:03 PM
good luck with your new career hope you enjoy it.

deeb66
11-03-2008, 08:08 PM
As the other ladies have said....contact your local Childrens Information Service (CIS) and they will arrange for you to attend a meeting which will give you all the information and paperwork that you need.

Good luck.....I hope things go smoothly for you

chels55
15-03-2008, 02:35 PM
When i was at briefing session a lady asked how long it would take from start to finish and they said usually 6 months.
it all depends on your area i think and how quick your checks come back, you take to write your policys, how long your course runs ,have your multiple choice exam and results