PDA

View Full Version : Me again...and mileage (an easy one)

It's a small world
21-01-2010, 09:03 PM
In the NCMA accounts book do you just write down the mileage ie:school run 5mile round trip or do you write the start mileage and finish mileage??

Also if I went on a training course and got lost do I claim for what the journey should have been or how long it took ..guessing how long iat should have taken ....not very good when going somewhere Ive never been before :blush: :blush:

You will b pleased to hear after this April I am getting myself an accountant :clapping: Just want to do the first one myself as got into a little pickle with my receipts plus thought it would give me an insight of the accounts side (it has and told me to get an accountant :laughing: )

I hear alot of people cheering especially Debbie :blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
21-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Keep a mileage log for the days and add them up each week/month and put that number in your NCMA book.

Once you have done a years accounts you won't need an accountant

TheBTeam
21-01-2010, 10:42 PM
I would claim for the actual miles you do as this is the expense, diversions and getting lost are part of the mileage if you have had to do it!

As Debbie says once you have the hang of it it is really quite simple.

It's a small world
22-01-2010, 08:34 AM
So school run 5 mile round trip every day = 25miles per week = 100 miles weeks(monthly)

Dont need to write start mileage and finish milege for each day ie: start 33325 -33330. Thats good as just found out I can claim if I go cm playgroup with son and havent written down mileage for it but know how many miles it is.

As for getting lost due to diversions took me an extra 10miles each was plus an extra 5miles as got lost as diversions took me into the middle of nowhere....try and stick to areas I know...thanks...think im getting the hang of it..

Watch out for the next post on taxes and claims !!!!:blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
22-01-2010, 12:00 PM
You can claim for your diversions.

Be aware of rounding things automatically (jeep accurate records) as you may not do a school one day due to TTD or snow day

Get caught out once and the IR will go through everything

It's a small world
22-01-2010, 08:55 PM
You can claim for your diversions.

Be aware of rounding things automatically (jeep accurate records) as you may not do a school one day due to TTD or snow day

Get caught out once and the IR will go through everything

Dont worry I have a an attendance book , so I can double check if Ive done school run or not...Most weeks have been everyday apart from a couple at Xmas and when we had the bad snow they were on ttd and school was open for new term as not that bad round here....

By jeeves I think shes got it....off to find another tax topic I can post on here..sorry Debbie :laughing:

MarpleJollytots
28-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Do you keep a millage log of just your minding miles or should we be keeping a record of our personal miles as well to make sure things add up for the IR.

I'm hoping its just the Minding Miles:thumbsup: