PDA

View Full Version : Australia day Planning

jumpinjen
21-01-2010, 07:17 PM
here is a link to my planning if anyone is interested.... i didn't even know about Australia day until it was mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago.... I'm really looking forwards to it now!!

http://little-blossoms-childminding.blogspot.com/2010/01/australia-day.html

Jenni:)

Trouble
21-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Lovely webpage:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

i ordered a autralian hat off ebay i hope it comes before the day:angry:

excellent ideas:clapping:

loocyloo
21-01-2010, 07:30 PM
that sounds great. well done!

i love the idea of a memory book for the week.

georgie456
21-01-2010, 07:34 PM
I love your site! Thanks for sharing.

My dad lives in Australia so I have a willing supplier able to send me stuff for Australia Day!!!! We celebrate it every year and the children love it.

samgeordie
21-01-2010, 07:37 PM
i love doing australia day,i lived there for a year so its a place close to my heart especially as my brother and sister live out there, ive loads of aussie stuff around the house and my sister kindly sent over some of my fav foods, some of which i still have so all the kids will be eating australian food too.

FYI - you can offer vegemite on toast (buy vegemite in the supermarket)
you can sometimes also get Tim Tam biscuits in Tescos, if not morrisons sell anzac biscuits.
Milo is sold in asda, its a chocolate drink you make up with milk that contains lots of vitamines, my kids love it

jumpinjen
21-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Oh yummy, Ill go look for anzacs in my local Morrisons!! We could raid it after a playground trip!

The only remotely Australian artefact here is a boomerang and it's probably not authentic!!

jen :laughing:

jaytravis
21-01-2010, 08:02 PM
MMMMM i love anxac biscuts do i have to share them with the kids ;)

jumpinjen
21-01-2010, 08:05 PM
NO - the kids get the healthy food..... you get the biscuits!!!!! I've never had anzac biscuits before so I'm in for a treat!!

jenni

Carol
21-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Hope the kids love the activities you are doing.
thanks for sharing

Carol xxx

teacake2
22-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I have found a variation on lamingtons, don't know if anyone else has seen it, it is no-bake banana lamingtons, instead of cake you roll the bananas in the melted chocolate, then the coconut, set in fridge and enjoy, yum, yum.
Teacake2