PDA

View Full Version : When do OFSTED send your reg certificate?

Chell
21-01-2010, 06:05 PM
I've done my first aid course, had my pre-reg visit and am waiting for my crb check (was sent Christmas Eve).

What happens now? Will I get notification that the crb check is complete? Once the crb is done how long will it take OFSTED to issue my certificate? I presume I can't start minding till the certificate is with me.

I stupidly didn't realise that I should have kept the crb form number so I could track it online. Is there any other way to track it?

If I ring OFSTED to find out how far along things are do I ring the lady who did my pre-reg visit or the head office?

I have a potential mindee if I can start in the next couple of weeks.

Carpet Monkeys
21-01-2010, 06:06 PM
You will usually get it about a week after you receive your CRB back. To obtain your CRB number contact the CRB direct, they will ask a few security questions then give it to you.

If you contact Ofsted I would speak to the Advisor who answers the phone, I've always found them very helpful.

Just to give you an idea of my timeline

Pre Reg Inspection - 30 Oct
CRB received - 13 Jan
Certificate received - 20 Jan

littlestar
21-01-2010, 06:12 PM
very very very soon
beware:laughing:

Chell
21-01-2010, 06:23 PM
very very very soon
beware:laughing:

I hope so! :D :laughing:

Who would be the best person/office to ring to check the progress of everything?

It's a small world
21-01-2010, 08:03 PM
pre reg visit 22apr
CRB checks completed 5 weeks later (had a problem with social services up north Ofsted told me they were chasing when they visited
Registered 26June

Not long now.....:eek: or :clapping:

Chell
21-01-2010, 08:36 PM
pre reg visit 22apr
CRB checks completed 5 weeks later (had a problem with social services up north Ofsted told me they were chasing when they visited
Registered 26June

Not long now.....:eek: or :clapping:

:eek: first as I've not got all my policies done yet but :clapping: as I'm really excited now and looking forward to some extra wages. :p :D

My pre-reg was Christmas Eve but the holidays and snow could have held the forms up. :(

lkl_fawcett, the CRB site said I couldn't be given the info without the number. Is it worth ringing them then? EDIT: Ignore me, I read it again properly this time!