PDA

View Full Version : ALL YEAR ROUND EQUIPMENT

Bex1
21-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Hello

I was just wondering what equipment/resources you have that can be used all year round (particularly outdoors). I want to enhance my outdoor area for the kids to enjoy as they all love the outdoors!

Thanks

suzyblue
21-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Cozy Coupe cars! I have two and the kids love them!
One belonged to my oldest daughter who is now 23! Its still going strong and the other was bought from a playgroup about 10 years ago.

singingcactus
21-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't have any resources - other than my mister and paddling pool - that I put away for winter. Everything here is fair game whatever the season.

loocyloo
21-01-2010, 06:01 PM
snap ... the only thing not out in the cold weather is the paddling pool!

sandpit/ride ons/slide etc/little house with kitchen& dolls etc/balls/bats all available all the time, usually something in the tuff tray, and i usually put some warm water in the water tray!

x

jumpinjen
21-01-2010, 06:47 PM
I have had some beefy logs set up in a U shape for the little ones to climb on and milk crates and guttering to build with and roll things down/pour water down. the builder's tray gets full of wtaer and provides an instant puddle to play in. i don't have an outdoor house (on my wishlist!) but they take the dolls out and I have pushcahirs for outside as well as in, things are very imaginative here, so I don' have stacks of reaqdy made equipment!

jenni

Dragonfly
21-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Doesnt all your equipment get ruined by the weather ie snow and rain frost? I put mine away and just get out what we need during the winter cant afford to keep replacing things. Plus isnt everything too wet to ride on??

TheBTeam
21-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Outside I have a cozycoupe car and other ride ons, a toy garage, toy kitchen, dolls house, castle, pirate ship, large dustcart and hoops, balls, and other things sometimes like skittles, jumping sacks and chalk board, tuff spot type trays (bbq cleaning rack trays). A snooker table and football table and a basketball net.

I cover them up with patio table covers and uncover when they are to be used. This keeps them clean and dry and because the garden is a mixture of patio, decking and artificial grass they stay pretty clean.

The Juggler
22-01-2010, 02:13 PM
chalkboards, sandpit, digging tools, ride-ons and variety of balls.

indoors, kitchen, toolbox, babies

babydayz
22-01-2010, 02:55 PM
football equipment, hula hoops, skipping ropes etc they can be used all year round, and space hoppers :)