PDA

View Full Version : WORD 2007 !!!

The Juggler
21-01-2010, 11:42 AM
can someone please help! how do i set up and adjust my paragraphs to match my tabs in the new version of word. I can work out how to set the tabs but then when I use them only the first line of my paragraph matches the tab, the rest goes back to the main margin (if that makes sense).

I consider myself fairly pc literate I cannot believe how horrible the new version of word it - feel like strangling the man in pc world who convinced me to buy it!!!!

francinejayne
21-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm normally quite good at this type of thing (in the process of leaving a job as a compute programmer that I've done for the last 15 years so I should be!!!!), but I'm afraid it's one of those - if I was there with you I'd sort you out in a min, but without being able to see what you're doing I'm not much good! Sorry!

francinejayne
21-01-2010, 12:23 PM
can someone please help! how do i set up and adjust my paragraphs to match my tabs in the new version of word. I can work out how to set the tabs but then when I use them only the first line of my paragraph matches the tab, the rest goes back to the main margin (if that makes sense).

I consider myself fairly pc literate I cannot believe how horrible the new version of word it - feel like strangling the man in pc world who convinced me to buy it!!!!

But I hate to be beaten!!! What are you trying to do? Have you tried to adjust the paragraph indentation? Is that what you are after?

The Juggler
21-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks Francine - I have just worked it out - yeaah! I was searching in all the pull down menus but I just remembered how I used to do it (I'm with you - unless you can imagine how you actually did it you can't describe it).

Its' the ruler you use!!! unfortunatley in word 2007 the ruler is hidden most of the time, it sort of floats in an out as you pass the mouse over so you just need to get the mouse in the right place and adjust the tabs and the para indents in there.

thanks for helping though!

francinejayne
21-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Glad you sorted it - it's so annoying isn't it when things like that happen!

The Juggler
21-01-2010, 02:41 PM
I know. I thought the new versions were supposed to be easier but they are so clever I can't find anything!!!

when do you leave work - you're starting as a CM I assume?