PDA

View Full Version : Pre Reg vist !! What do they exspect from me on this visit ???

funfunfun
21-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Hya there

I am filling my paperwork in next week when i attend my 2nd briefing ....

What do i have to get ready for the visit that will happen when they recieve my paper work ?

Do i have to have all policies ? and is this when they will tell me how many children i can mind or will that happen later on ??

thankyou :thumbsup:

francinejayne
21-01-2010, 01:54 PM
I'll talk you through my pre-reg .....
Mr O arrived and showed me his ID on the doorstep, he came in, sat down and was soooo friend;y and nice I started to shake a little less!!! He told me what he'd go over whilst he was here and then he opened his laptop. He then went through some of the questions in your book that you'll have to fill in - I'd say he went over about half of the questions? He asked me all sorts of questions (what do I understand about safeguarding, how would I ensure diversity and equality in my setting, why is outside play important to children, how would I deal with disruptive behaviuor, how do I plan to work with parents etc etc etc) but nothing too daunting, and as long as you've read up on things and completed your form you should be OK. I then asked him a few questions. Then he looked around my house and garden. I had put everything in place for this before he came so I didn't have any action points. He then said that I was allowed 2 under 5 and 3 between 5 ad 8, and he also said that the way I was with my little boy was exactly what they are looking for on EYFS!
I had perpared all my policies, risk assessments etc and put them all in a file ready for him to look through, when I offered he smiled at me and said he didn't need to see them, they'll be checked when I have my inspection.
So after 2 and a half hours he was gone, and I was soooooo relieved!!!
It honestly wasn't that bad, but I was pretty well prepared!
Good luck!

doodles
21-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Hiya,

I had my pre reg yesterday and was pretty much the same as Francine.
She asked me questions like - How will you ensure confidentiality? How will you work in partnership with parents? What activities will i provide?

I was up half the night finishing off my policies and she didnt even want to see them.!!
Its nothing to be worried about. She was so helpful. When i sent in my application forms she was here within 3 weeks and she told me how many children i can have.

Hope that helps

funfunfun
21-01-2010, 06:34 PM
So all that happens 2 weeks after filling your forms in ???

doodles
21-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Yes, it was under 3 weeks for me but will be different in every area. Just ask your tutor at your briefing. Good Luck with it all :thumbsup:

mamasheshe
21-01-2010, 07:34 PM
my pre reg visit was pretty much the same not scary at all. But i had mine just under 2 weeks. good luck

funfunfun
21-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Thankyou for the support

Well id better make a start then :idea:

I actually have some work in the house/garden needs to be done beforei start !!!

Any suggestions ........Would you suggest putting off seding the paperwork in???
until i have garden ready that is the main thing i am hanving it fenced soon in the back to enable me to use it for childminding as at the mo it isnt what id consider safe

Thankyou

SparklingGems
22-01-2010, 02:40 PM
I would get the ball rolling asap because its a very long process once the paper work gets recieved Ofsted quoted me 12 weeks so you will be able to sort your garden in that time.

Unike the others I was asked if I had certain policys and she asked to see them and for me to talk her through them. I got asked lots of questions and she asked me to explain what my typical daily routine would be like luckily I had done this to. She asked me about sleeping babys

They are very informal but they are taking notes and at the end they advise how many children you can have she also commented on how brilliant I was with my own baby.

I sent my form off at the start of december and my pre reg visit was not til 5th Jan so it was nearly 4 weeks for me.

hope this helps

funfunfun
23-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Thankyou for the advice

I have to add i live in a council property ......the council are fenceing my garden so im not in control of how long this process will take tbh .

The lady said she will inform me of any changes.

sooner rather than later i hope .

mamasheshe
25-01-2010, 11:33 AM
i'd put locks on cupboards rooms your not using and with the fencing tell ofstead you know it's an issue but it's in the process of being sorted out they can always leave you with actions where you have to write in to say you've done sorted the problem out eg fenced the garden and they'll sign them off, or if you get a really nice one like me they'll just trust you to do them. But get the pasperwork in CRB ARE TAKING AGES xx