PDA

View Full Version : do i dont i

mushpea
21-01-2010, 10:20 AM
charge for an extra 15mins each day,
parent works 10miles away so granny brings child to me, she has to walk and isnt brilliant on her legs, last year i ended up picking him up and droppin him off and this year as his hours have dropped considerbly i wont be doing this anymore. anyway she drops of 15mins early both days he comes and then meets me at the school in the afternoon as this is closer for her but its an hour earlier than he should be picked up.
as she is paying me an extra hour each day when i dont have him should i charge the 15mins? I suppose its her choice and not mine to drop of and pick up early but am not sure, also i feel that the 15mins will turn in to 20mins then 30 mins as time goes on so do i charge now to nip it in the bud?

Kes
21-01-2010, 10:25 AM
It is up to you what you want to do. Personally I would'nt charge but if she started to get earlier I would ask if she wishes to change her contracted hours or you will have to start charging for the extra bits in the morning.

Twinkles
21-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Personally I wouldn't charge as she is paying for the extra hour. If you ask if she wants to change contracts she may say she doesn't need the hour at the end of the day iyswim.
You would then lose out on say 45 mins of pay. ( depends if you charge by the hour or half ? )

Play it by ear and if she's getting earlier and earlier review it then.

wendywu
21-01-2010, 02:37 PM
No i would not charge for 10 minutes if i was gaining an hour at the end of the day.

seems like a fair swap to me. :thumbsup:

miffy
21-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Personally I wouldn't charge as she is paying for the extra hour. If you ask if she wants to change contracts she may say she doesn't need the hour at the end of the day iyswim.
You would then lose out on say 45 mins of pay. ( depends if you charge by the hour or half ? )

Play it by ear and if she's getting earlier and earlier review it then.

I'd do this too! I think you're getting a good deal atm :)

Miffy xx