PDA

View Full Version : Does Havering give *start-up grants*?

68nic
20-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Hi I am a Pre -Reg and I was wondering if anyone from Havering know if we can get a start-up grant to help with some of the costs ? I know some boroughs have them , but I haven't seen anything about Havering doing the grant.:(

Mum2Kyla
24-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Hiya

Im also from Havering and pre-reg, i did phone Havering on friday but they wasnt able to confirm. They said to call bk Monday altough they didnt tell me whp i needed to speak to so i could find out

68nic
25-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi MUM2KYLA
Did you find out today if we can get a grant ? Where is Havering are you ? have you got to have the knowledge test too ?:)

Mum2Kyla
25-01-2010, 09:08 PM
No there was no one there who could help me either today useless...

Im just off Gallows Corner, just off Straight Road.

I sent off the questionaire sheet off but still havent heard bk from them with a date. I asked when I phoned today but no one could tell me any information :mad: that seems to be their standard response "Sorry im not sure on that one"

68nic
26-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Hi, when I sent my questionnaire off to them, I waited about a week then I phoned them and asked if they had received it, luckily claire webb said yes and I asked when their next pre-reg meeting would be,she told me on the phone that I was booked for 26th Feb, that will be the eyfs knowledge test.Ive booked my 1st aid course with st johns 16th and 17th Feb.:)

Mum2Kyla
26-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Are you paying for the 1st aid course? My friend is a childminder in Dagenham and she said the first aid course was included when she did her ICP so she didnt have to pay for anything

68nic
27-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Hi yeah, I had to pay £123 :angry: .I couldnt believe how dear it was. Now they say that we cant get registered until we have done our 1st aid course.and we cant go on the icp course until we get our childminding cert.We have 6 mths after we are registered to do our icp course. Im going to put my 1st aid bill for expensives on the tax.

Mum2Kyla
27-01-2010, 09:01 PM
oh yeah thats a good idea re claiming the 1st aid on the tax

I didnt realise you had to pay for the 1st aid. When I did the course before (mind you it was just over 5 yrs ago AND in birmingham) the whole thing was free.

Suppose things do change ... tut more money lol