PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts please

Tatjana
20-01-2010, 10:39 PM
When mindees mum picks up, mindee is so happy to see her give her cuddles and big smile. When mum tried to put her in the buggy she resists and starts crying, struggling to get out...i've offered to try a couple of times and she calms down and lets me. But really i don't know if i should do that or let mum get on with it?

Mum said this evening that mindee cries at home for ages and doesn't want to be put to bed etc, apparently most of the evening is spent in tears.

What do you think is causing her tears? Is it just settling into a new routine -she's only been with me since begining of Dec. Mum seemed a bit upset and I wanted to offer her some words of comfort but not sure what?

xx

Rubybubbles
20-01-2010, 10:40 PM
how old is mindie?

Pipsqueak
20-01-2010, 10:44 PM
think mindee is just letting her emotions out and they are coming out as tears bless her heart.

and if it calms the process - you do the buggy bit!!

Tatjana
20-01-2010, 10:50 PM
She's 18 months.

Yes, think i'll ask mum if she'd like me to do the buggy bit...not much fun for mum to deal with and tiring for lo.

xx

sarah707
21-01-2010, 07:46 AM
It's almost as if they want the parent to 'suffer' sometimes.

However much fun they have had during the day it's like they are saying - you weren't here so I'm going to give you upset now.

Reassure mum it's a perfectly normal phase and that it will pass.

And yes I'd just pop her in the buggy, big waves, see you tomorrow, bye now....

Hth :D

TheBTeam
21-01-2010, 01:39 PM
I occassionally have a short spell with two of my 2 1/4 yr olds, where i will have to help put into a car seat or buggy, i do try not to let it carry on for any length of time, but for short bursts it cant do any harm, especially if the lo is still new to you, maybe when the better weather comes and she is a bit older it will solve itself by her walking a bit.

Hopefully time will cure all and she will come to realise that all works well with both you and mum.

Tatjana
21-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Thanks for your replies!

xx