View Full Version : swine flu

20-01-2010, 10:38 PM
i have recieved a letter from doctora asking if i want my 2 children aged 2 and 4 to have the injection, im not to sure to be honest i have not read or looked up about it as i have had no need to ye , but i dont no what to do?
any advice

21-01-2010, 11:09 AM
hey hun

only know 2 people who had it is my mindee who is 5, had it 2 weeks ago and she still bruised bless her
and mate sgirl who nearly 5 and she still sore but had it week ago.

i personally wouldnt want it for my children as worried bout it due to being new and few people having reactions etc,

end day it is up to you.
im sure you can make appt to talk to doc or gt aleaflet or read on line about it x

21-01-2010, 11:39 AM
I won't be having it or dd, i have had the seasonal flu jab due to pneumonia last nov

I just think there has not been enough testing on this one :thumbsup:

Hope you decide whats right for you and your family :thumbsup:

21-01-2010, 03:10 PM
I am in the same predicament as my DD has been called for her jab and even thought I made appointment I just dont know if I should give it to her or not!

I looked for info on the net and that just scared the poo outta me! I have spoken to parents whose kids have had it and they said all have been fine, no bruises, no side affects etc! I then read article from GP who said that it was important for kids to be vaccinated as although it has not been as bad as expected it is expected at some point either, this year, next or in three years etc gonna get worse so thats why a big vaccination programme is being rolled out! So do I get DD (who is 2) vaccinated in case it does become nasty or do I wait and see! She is relatively healthy and has no lung or chest problems!

Ahhh such a decision!

21-01-2010, 03:21 PM
i got the letter today aswell and am in the same opinion-do i or dont i?!?!?!?! a friend of mine works in yorkhill sick kids hospital and she said she and alot of the nurses there have refused it!!!!:eek: i would feel awful if this really bad bout of flu does come along in years to come and my son caught a bad case, but also my dd is almost 6 so she wont be getting it so im thinking well should i get one vaccinated when the other wont be anyway!??!?!?! oh its soooo hard!! especially after watching that docu on it before xmas there where 2 people ended up in wheelchairs due to adverse side effects of it!!!!! :O:O oh its such a hard decission but i think i probably will just get it done xx

21-01-2010, 08:46 PM
My grandsons nearly 3 had theirs just before xmas and didnt have any affects from it. My daughter was in two minds about it but she decided to go ahead as they had been premature and were on oxygen for the first 6 months and colds go to their chest with one having to have inhaler at times with a cold.